Game-Labs Forum

Hello.

First of all I would like to THANK YOU for this amazing game...something that for years has been lacking.

I was so entranced by all its possibilities that I was inspired to start a sort of graphic novel (in the form of a newspaper) based on a custom battle I played. However, since the update, the hull I was using for my 'hero' has lost one of its' barbette mounts, and it is no longer possible to build the star of my novel in order to finish the project. Is there any way I could 'backdate' the game to V4 in order to build the ship I need to further the story?

Thanks,

Adm. Underhousen.

PS. In case you are interested, here's a link to chapter 1.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t5V9qiQ1l1ye780bcBz4pqRfh0ImLoX75NSF8svY3JM/edit?usp=sharing

banks3.png

• Like 3

Thanks for your attention and compliments!

I think there used to be a third attach point near the front that allowed me to place 3 14'' triple turrets on the bow.

It would be cool if perhaps one could offset parts, or stretch/squash them a little (like kerbal space) to get them to fit, but I realize that may be 'cheating'. Perhaps you could add a choice of caliber to main armament; barrels would be shorter to fit better but with  accompanying variations on performance.

2nd image is best image I saved from v4 shipyard.

I see Cptbarney you are from UK. Please know I harbour no ill will against you or your country., and thank you for encouragement!

build_2020_04_15_13_49_29_847.thumb.png.09a7ba79da249a4ef16463633abd42a4.png

build_2020_03_12_15_51_52_272.png

Edited by Admiral Underhousen
more info
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Admiral Underhousen said:

Thank you! did not know about the CTRL trick.

Is there a comprehensive list of commands/tricks/tips somewhere? Perhaps I am oblivious but haven't seen one..

Press R to rotate things like guns and barbettes and even structures (i havent tested it on superstructures or towers but you can put funnels on sideways especially the ones that are more narrow and wide in one direction).

Also its fine lol, the story was pretty gud regardless and i loved the formatting of it as well!

Can't wait for alpha 6 lol.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2020 at 1:00 AM, Admiral Unterhosen said:

Thank you! did not know about the CTRL trick.

Is there a comprehensive list of commands/tricks/tips somewhere? Perhaps I am oblivious but haven't seen one..

image.png

You can hover on the icon of the image to find all the important hotkeys.
In next patch, we are going to offer improvements on the hull to allow a better adjustment for the ship design you had, but scale of guns seems different, so unfortunately it might not be possible to fit them fully in the 14-inch caliber (In later patch there were too many gun scale fixes to just revert something back).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

image.png

You can hover on the icon of the image to find all the important hotkeys.
In next patch, we are going to offer improvements on the hull to allow a better adjustment for the ship design you had, but scale of guns seems different, so unfortunately it might not be possible to fit them fully in the 14-inch caliber (In later patch there were too many gun scale fixes to just revert something back).

OMG.  I saw that in game and DID NOT understand what it meant.  Thank You so much.  I have been trying to find how to rotate items and the Disable Snap is fantastic.  Thanks again for a great ALPHA version and looking forward to the finished product.

Russ663