Game-Labs Forum

Very loud buzzing or hissing noise in game

MIne did the same thing today on Naval Action, as soon as I loaded the game in a loud buzz began, I checked my sound settings and it made no difference.  As soon as I shut the game down,  the noise stopped.  I loaded the game back up, and it seemed to have sorted itself, although I have no idea what that was, as it's never happened before.

Edited by Atreides

8 hours ago, CaptainKoloth said:

When I play the game with headphones there is an unbearably loud buzzing or hissing noise in the background of the main menu and shipyard. It's still there when I take off the headphones, though not quite as bad. 

Greetings, could you please clarify if you got the noise in battles as well?

55 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

It's less likely that and more likely your drivers then. Check for updates and roll forward as neccessary.

Yeah, it's not the drivers. I run many, many, many programs on this PC. I don't have sound issues with any of the others. And the drivers are up to date in any case.

Admiral, the issue is seems to be a very local as we have not recieved yet other reports with the same problem in UA:Dreadnoughts. We will monitor the issue but it looks like somewhat related to your parcticular PC at this stage

12 minutes ago, Ink said:

Admiral, the issue is seems to be a very local as we have not recieved yet other reports with the same problem in UA:Dreadnoughts. We will monitor the issue but it looks like somewhat related to your parcticular PC at this stage

Maybe it's my speakers. I plug the headphones directly into a jack on them. I'll try a different set of speakers and see.

1 hour ago, CaptainKoloth said:

Maybe it's my speakers. I plug the headphones directly into a jack on them. I'll try a different set of speakers and see.

So after spending all morning on this, it seems to be some weird coil whine issue. Good news is, it's not the game! The effect is for some reason far more noticeable in this game than in any other program. 

16 hours ago, CaptainKoloth said:

So after spending all morning on this, it seems to be some weird coil whine issue. Good news is, it's not the game! The effect is for some reason far more noticeable in this game than in any other program. 

Admiral, it is nice to hear you have found the source of the problem!