Game-Labs Forum

Seeking Good leveling tips

nicksmithcc

Question

I just ranked up to 370 crew and can use trinc... fought a few battles and I feel my xp is around the same as I was getting in my la reqin.. however I had a ton more fun playing those class of ships..

To my question.. is experience calculated based on what br you are vs what br the enemy is? I.e. does player rank not factor in?

If so I think I'm just going to slow grind in my 6th rate and have fun.. any input is welcome. 

4 answers to this question

as the other have mentioned plus a reminder. If you are fighting a lower level ship the opposite amount of xp. Example you are in a 5th fighting a 6th. The lower level player ( your opponent) will get more and you will get less. PVP as opposed to PVE should grant more IIRC

Get yourself into a clan , preferably of similar time zone players whose company you enjoy and who like similar play styles etc .. more fun, more xp etc

• Like 1

I believe so yes, xp is related to BR difference of you and the enemy ship (and the amount of damage you do hull sail and crew). Your rank just means you might be in bigger ships so more damage, more xp. I think your approach is a good one: just sail the ships you can and have fun and just let the rank xp look after itself. Focus more on opening the knowledge slots you want on the ships you like to sail and the ranks will come by themselves.

• Like 2

I'm sure you'll enjoy sailing 5th rates as well. You cannot go wrong with trinco: a capable pvp/pve ship and no need for permit to craft. You can hunt small 5th rate NPC groups (to open a couple of slots) and also join some pvp action. Herc is probably the most useful DLC ship that allows to join pvp action in pvp zones with little hustle.

• Like 1

I'm not the best to give advise about XP.  I got all mine from sailing.  I have more than I need now.

There has been lots of research into different types of gamers.  Goes without saying that people are motivated differently, but you are wise to focus on enjoying the game.  After all, what's the point in putting in hours, advancing towards a goal, if the gameplay is no fun.

If the game seemed like a grind, I would log off...immediately.