Game-Labs Forum

Ping Issues Post Patch

ExGavalonnj1

im getting random disconected to server select have happent 4 times now after patch im in denmark and the ping is jumping up and down.

and is a crazy latancey on clicking on stuff before window open in port and so on.

Edited by Osier
  • Like 1

While not having a ping issue as it seems to be very steady but a little higher than normal.  For me it seems the game is pretty laggy.   

Ping looks good when I checked that, but the tracert shows I loose most my speed at the Dusseldorf (thought that is where the server was located?) connection before Frankfurt.   Though when I check game resources it seems to be running the GPU (I have a RTX 2080) very high.   Than again I do run the game on high/ultra settings but this isn't a very high graphical game.   Though I haven't updated my driver in a while so going to do that and see if it helps.  Where it drags at the most is in dock when using menus moving things from ship to warehouse are back.  Cause I'm trying to move clan stuff from Caracas late at night when I get home from work but it's taking for ever waiting on the menus to catch up and allow me to move stuff.   This is also during the servers lowest server pop times (around 400+) so it's not the servers.  Could there be some optimization issues since the last patch that might be causing this?  

And yes I know ever one and there mother is at home using the internet right now during this virus thing, but this been an on going issue that comes off and on for US players and I assume others in the SEA area or not on the EU.   Menus dragging and other funtions in game.  I play other games in EU servers and they don't have these issues, but than again they tend to be location in france or UK area on the coast line not dead center of EU and I get a ping of around 85 not 125-150.

• Like 1

Only fix that I’ve had since the ping issue started, was to start using a VPN and point my VPN connection to London (I live in northern Virginia). That completely eliminated the issue. It may be a problem with one of the service providers in between east coast US and Europe. I’m still seeing the problem if I don’t use a VPN.

Update: pointing to another VPN connection just 14ms away from me also fixed the issue. It must be a problem somewhere close by to me, perhaps one of the Ashburn, Va datacenters (we have a lot of em)..

Edited by WernerHoffmann
  • Like 1