Game-Labs Forum

Which is the official forum for AoS, here or Steam?

Skeksis

I will say in the computer launcher backer build version of the game you can always read the news and recent patch notes easy but of the steam version I don't see where that shows up for when it is downloading and done and it shows I can read the news of what was downloaded so I click it and it takes me to what I would call main news about the game but it never shows the patch notes of the file that was just downloaded on steam. Help us out on the steam version patch notes make it the same as launcher version when the file is downloaded as any game on steam you click to read news make it the patch note news for that is what would be the most recent news anyway!

Can you help me navigate Steam?  I don't understand it at all.  I bought Admirals Edition and would like to update.  In the past the launcher would automatically update upon opening.  If the updates are on steam, I am out of my depth.  Help! 🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CajunNavy said:

Can you help me navigate Steam?  I don't understand it at all.  I bought Admirals Edition and would like to update.  In the past the launcher would automatically update upon opening.  If the updates are on steam, I am out of my depth.  Help! 🤔

OK, on steam any game you own and installed will, should auto download any up date when you run your steam.

UAAOS on steam when it updates you can look at the bottom of you steam page and you will see the (downloading) icon. You can click on it and it takes you to the page showing the game update downloading so when it is done you can look to the right of that downloading patch that was completed and you can click on the news icon.  That will take you to the news page of the game but it only shows you the main Game news like game just now is on steam or something like that and all I want it to do is to take me to the patch notes for that was what was downloading.

Just to be clear.  This may not be the best place to get help for steam.

If you bought and installed the backer build of UAAOS then you already have the game and you may know that when you launch the game it logs in and you can click onto the update to update the game before playing it and it will do that and when done with update you can look at the news and read about the patch notes or just play the game with that said.

If that is the case for you then xsolla should have sent you a steam key and if you got it then you need to get onto your steam account.  When you run your steam account  it will put you to their steam store page so just look to the very top menu on steam where it shows the word (GAMES) hover your mouse over it and you will see (Activate a Product on Steam) click onto that and it should pop up a little window message for you to continue to the page where you can input that key and once you click ok and done you will have UAAOS in your game library also it will ask you do you want to download it now so go ahead and do that.

If you didn't buy the backer build? Which will mean you do not own the game!  Now if you have a steam account search for a game to buy UAAOS and once you are at the store page of that game buy it and once you do that steam will again ask you do you want to download and install it so go ahead and do that.

If you didn't do any of the above other than buying the game on steam but you didn't download and installed it then all you have to do is look to the top main menu on your steam account and click onto your (LIBRARY) and that should show you all the games you own on steam and any game that you can't click to play will show you that you need to download it so it will install and then you can play it. I hope this helps but if not you will need to contact steam for further help.

Thanks doublebuck. I got the Admiral Edition and have never had a problem with updates.  Now I read about update to 073 ( I'm still at 060) and my launcher doesn't update to that.  Just trying to get updates. LOL

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CajunNavy said:

Thanks doublebuck. I got the Admiral Edition and have never had a problem with updates.  Now I read about update to 073 ( I'm still at 060) and my launcher doesn't update to that.  Just trying to get updates. LOL

Thanks again for your help.

Updates on Steam version might be delayed unless you want to try it from beta branch, please check topics here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1069650/discussions/3/

Thanks Ink.  I guess I will just have to wait.  I can't figure out how to register the game on Steam.  I bought Admiral Edition and have no idea how to do that.  I can't even find the "property" of the game as mentioned in the thread.

I will have to wait till the launcher will update the game for me. 😉

thank you again!

18 hours ago, CajunNavy said:

Thanks Ink.  I guess I will just have to wait.  I can't figure out how to register the game on Steam.  I bought Admiral Edition and have no idea how to do that.  I can't even find the "property" of the game as mentioned in the thread.

I will have to wait till the launcher will update the game for me. 😉

thank you again!

Greetings Admiral. 

Could you please clarify if you got the Steam key? You have to follow this guide to activate it:

In case you have not recieved the key, please send a private forum message to me and include there email address that was used to purchase the game.

No. I never received a steam key because I bought the Admiral Edition EA from Xsolla.  I have had it for months.  My concern is that I don't seem to be able to update my game.  The launcher update doesn't seem to work anymore.  I read about updates and I just want to make sure I'm using the most up to date version.

Thank you by the way for this most excellent game.  I absolutely love it.  It's a work of art. 😀

• Like 1