Game-Labs Forum

Design the H class

Mooncatt

I think I posted this a few days ago, but seems to have vanished.

anyway, I cant seem to do it.

I went for boost tech. I loaded out with 17" dual guns, 2 dual 8" on each side and same for 6" guns. I have decent armour and not taking too much damage.

problem is I seem to run out of shells before ive even sunk the first BB. ive taken super heavy shells with high TNT and increased ammo (1050shells). at range I have about a 25% accuracy which I believe is good. I get the fist BB down to about 23% before both BBs decide to run (4th attempt now) and im about 300shells left so I know its not gonna be possible.

if the BBs are gonna run id like to know what the point of the mission is? as an academy mission there is no "run to fight another day" surely its "sink them before they sink you"

we all know what happens once an enemy ship starts running, they become impossible to sink. so how have you guys managed to do it?

Yeah ive just posted about another problem with this mission and i have to agree this is game breaking for this mission and since you cannot go beyond 25 kn without being unable to have more than 1 gun its impossible to catch them, they have changed the cost of most stuff you used to able to have multiple secondary weapons and max armour but now you just cant use anything else but 18" guns, I was always able to sink one BB but the other would just turn around and run away and since i cannot get any secondaries I would just get sunk by the DDs

• Like 1

Yea... i'm also struggling with every new mission and even the oldest ones (in one of the latest update, i think Alpha 3... i lost my progress  ) because if i'm not gonna blow them up by detonating main ammunition magazine, they just gonna run away from me and for some reason, they seem impossible to kill when that's happening.

I guess you just need to get some lucky shoot to the engine or main magazine.

• Like 1

I havent even done it lol, i think i did some of the other newer missions, especially prove your might when i realised you didn't even need to sink biscuits just damager her enough so she sods off home.

Maybe they should split the missions into 2 categories, so ones where the enemy doesn't retreat but its a sink them or you lose thing and ones where the enemy will retreat for whatever reason but you dont have to sink them entirely.

should help somewhat.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

I havent even done it lol, i think i did some of the other newer missions, especially prove your might when i realised you didn't even need to sink biscuits just damager her enough so she sods off home.

Maybe they should split the missions into 2 categories, so ones where the enemy doesn't retreat but its a sink them or you lose thing and ones where the enemy will retreat for whatever reason but you dont have to sink them entirely.

should help somewhat.

yup exactly. if there was a penalty of some kind for the a.i To turn and run that might be better, but once a ship decides to run they are impossible to sink as we all know. if that gets fixed there wont be an issue.

• Like 1

4x2 18s with SH-Tube Powder seem to do the trick. Seems like game rewards pen.s with ammo sets more now. Same with US super BB, that one complete in under 40 min at 34-36 km, not a scratch to me, 3 ammo det sinkings, 2 within 5 minutes, those sank right next to each other. Can't win the Hood mission yet though, tried a lot of things, Germans over buffed seems like.

Correction: close copy h41 incr. tech. 4x2 17s, istr 18s lower mark.

Edited by skg02

On 2/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Mooncatt said:

I think I posted this a few days ago, but seems to have vanished.

anyway, I cant seem to do it.

I went for boost tech. I loaded out with 17" dual guns, 2 dual 8" on each side and same for 6" guns. I have decent armour and not taking too much damage.

problem is I seem to run out of shells before ive even sunk the first BB. ive taken super heavy shells with high TNT and increased ammo (1050shells). at range I have about a 25% accuracy which I believe is good. I get the fist BB down to about 23% before both BBs decide to run (4th attempt now) and im about 300shells left so I know its not gonna be possible.

if the BBs are gonna run id like to know what the point of the mission is? as an academy mission there is no "run to fight another day" surely its "sink them before they sink you"

we all know what happens once an enemy ship starts running, they become impossible to sink. so how have you guys managed to do it?

I was able to do it I was taking the funds at first but then switched to the better tech and it took me several tries I think I had 14 inch guns on it with auto loader if I remember correctly and took heavier shells and extra ammo, I actually shortened the size of my ship which seemed to help as I was a smaller target.

I managed to do it with miss heinrich der grobe, using 12 18inch gunz, big secondaries and also a top speed of 36knots lol (because she is a big chonk she takes ages to turn). But i was able to sink most of the usn fleet that i engaged with her, also her belt armour was like 700mm's lol with krupp 4 so gg to the enemy trying to pen that especially since the biggest guns they had was 406's.

Took bloody ages to sink illinois however almost like 1hr-1hr 30mins of in-game time compared to kentucky who went down in 30mins roughly. I used high tnt as well and went for funds rather than boosted tech.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, Mooncatt said:

well ive just had another go at it today, oh dear what a joke. I know the BC doesn't need to be sunk but it had 49knts top speed with 15" of armour and 15" guns , if I didn't laugh id cry

If numbers you named are accurate, then that's no bueno at all. To put it mildly, that definitely should be fixed, pronto. Because... excuse me my French, but that's just bullsh-t! What possible brand of "realism" is that!?

Edited by Shaftoe