Game-Labs Forum

Game Crashes my entire computer

ThatOneBounced

On completion of a battle between 15 ships or above, my game as soon as I click an answer to the win screen "play again? Y/N" the game has an annoying habit of turning off my computer when I hit leave battle. This used to be more frequent when in beautiful mode in larger scale battles, but now in Good graphics the crashes are random (crashes have happened at as low as 4 ships to as high as 20 ships). I have found that I can repeat the same battle 5 times and at the end of one of them it will crash. Now this it never occurred in alpha 3, but when alpha 4 was released I have experience computer crashes requiring a reboot at least 12 times. To answer the system question in advance, I have played a ton of other high demand games (Space engineers, storm works, and red dead redemption 2, etc.) on very high graphics settings, have all drivers up to date, and have had no issues. more recently I have made it all the way back to the custom battle screen before the computer crashes and I'm trapped with "in game" on the launcher

I am having similar problem as well. I changed from beautiful to good but during battles the game randomly freezes and my pc then reboots. The computer i am using is a gaming machine which should have no probs running the game at all, all drivers are updated. Shame cos i am really enjoying this game but just played a mission for about 45 minutes with a final destroyer to finish off, and it froze! Time for another go i guess.

13 hours ago, ThatOneBounced said:

On completion of a battle between 15 ships or above, my game as soon as I click an answer to the win screen "play again? Y/N" the game has an annoying habit of turning off my computer when I hit leave battle. This used to be more frequent when in beautiful mode in larger scale battles, but now in Good graphics the crashes are random (crashes have happened at as low as 4 ships to as high as 20 ships). I have found that I can repeat the same battle 5 times and at the end of one of them it will crash. Now this it never occurred in alpha 3, but when alpha 4 was released I have experience computer crashes requiring a reboot at least 12 times. To answer the system question in advance, I have played a ton of other high demand games (Space engineers, storm works, and red dead redemption 2, etc.) on very high graphics settings, have all drivers up to date, and have had no issues. more recently I have made it all the way back to the custom battle screen before the computer crashes and I'm trapped with "in game" on the launcher

@ThatOneBounced @Zerocat01 Greetings, the log that was pasted here has been sent to the dev team. Once there are news I will update the topic

@Ink Ok so an update, just 3 minutes ago the problem reoccurred. However I got as far as the custom battle screen after responding to the play again screen and this was the results. 

My CPU was at around 45% usage which was about average for the battle that occurred/ Memory was at around 60 ish which felt it consumed a bit higher than normal, but well within acceptable ranges. Then as I'm tabbing back into the game from task manager the computer shut down again. I wasn't able to find any sort of cause which could have been directly related to heating as the computer just inexplicably shut down. I will note that none of my fans were spinning at an increased rate to compensate for any heating. But with that being said I do know that they are working perfectly fine because I've had no issues in similar higher demand games. 

Finally I would like to add that this issue never occurred in alpha 3 and even in that version I have had large scale battles with around 20 ships a side so I think the issue is related to a change in alpha 4 which causes an spike in demand. What puzzles me is when the crash occurs. The battle will go smooth as silk even with a heavy amount of ships, but only when returning to a main menu will the game seems to be when it goes haywire. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am affected as well.
I tryed to avoid it by setting the grafics to fantastic, beautiful,  and good.
Always the same result: Total crash.
Black screen, ingame audio plays in an endless loop.
If I restart my pc this happens:

1. restart: it gets stuck in post. (VGA-Debug LED) -> resets graficscard setup
2. restart: it gets stuck in post. (CPU and RAM-Debug LED) -> resets XMP profiles on memmory.

3. restart: pc trys diffrent memmory setting and starts normal into windows.

This is not what I am used to in regards of game crashes, I used to play Skyrim with 150 mods, so I experienced alot of crashes to desktop, freezes, bluescreens.

But nothing like this.

This happens in every coustom battle if I let it run long enough.

No input requierd, it happens even when I don't click anything in the battle.

I logged some values with hwinfo64 while running the game:

Temperatures (CPU+GPU) low
Load                 (CPU+GPU) low

RAM and VRAM                   lots of free space

CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Driver: 20.1.3 - 17.01.2020)
Drivers are up to date

Does someone else uses an similar setup?

13 hours ago, Luemmelman said:

I am affected as well.
I tryed to avoid it by setting the grafics to fantastic, beautiful,  and good.
Always the same result: Total crash.
Black screen, ingame audio plays in an endless loop.
If I restart my pc this happens:

1. restart: it gets stuck in post. (VGA-Debug LED) -> resets graficscard setup
2. restart: it gets stuck in post. (CPU and RAM-Debug LED) -> resets XMP profiles on memmory.

3. restart: pc trys diffrent memmory setting and starts normal into windows.

This is not what I am used to in regards of game crashes, I used to play Skyrim with 150 mods, so I experienced alot of crashes to desktop, freezes, bluescreens.

But nothing like this.

This happens in every coustom battle if I let it run long enough.

No input requierd, it happens even when I don't click anything in the battle.

I logged some values with hwinfo64 while running the game:

Temperatures (CPU+GPU) low
Load                 (CPU+GPU) low

RAM and VRAM                   lots of free space

CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Driver: 20.1.3 - 17.01.2020)
Drivers are up to date

Does someone else uses an similar setup?

Greetings, could you please clarify if you play any other demanding modern game without issues or have you run stress tests in a program like aida64 to exclude hardware issues or overheating? (Skyrim is a bit outdated game in this case)

@InkI can verify that this man has a computer that is of similar specs to mine and that he has run skyrim in a high demand environment (150 skyrim mods are no joke) But if hardware were to blame in all cases stated in this forum (given everyone here is running about the same specs), why does temperatures and load readings are optimal during a high intensity battle but then spike (or straight up crash) when transitioning to menus. I am 100% sure that all systems are working in peak condition (because I can turn on Forza Horizon 4 on ultra and hear my fans running normally) The problem does have the possibility of damaging parts,   I myself have let the game rest for a while to make sure I don't damage my PC with constant restarts after crashes nor do I want to trigger the game to crash just to fill out a bug report (one of these times the computer might not turn on again). I want to know if a issue has been spotted in the transition between screens and if there is another hot-fix planned in Alpha 4 to possibly optimize the game to rectify these issues?

I am not playing dreadnoughts, but here are two considerations for those running Ryzen + 5700(XT) systems. 

(1) AMD drivers has been reportedly unstable (black screens and other issues with some games, but not others). I am running 5700 myself and no issues so far, but I am not playing dreadnoughts. 

(2) I am running 2700x and it gives me unexpectedly low FPS in not so new games, e.g., in some older Total war games. Switching off part of the cores drastically improves stability and FPS. This probably has to do with the fact that most games are not optimized for modern multi-thread CPUs.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:31 AM, Ink said:

Greetings, could you please clarify if you play any other demanding modern game without issues or have you run stress tests in a program like aida64 to exclude hardware issues or overheating? (Skyrim is a bit outdated game in this case)

@InkThx for the quick replys.

RAM and CPU are stresstested with prime 95 and checked out okay. the Temps were okay for that kind of load.
GPU is not stress tested.
But benchmarks (Superposition and Valley) were good.

With this Setup I played Watch Dogs 2 , BeamNG.drive , Witcher 3 and Dirt Rally 2.
I never encountered a similar problem.

@StilgarI do not intend to offend you, but this is about UA Dreadnoughts.
While I appreciate your addition to this conversation,
I don't see how your experiences in older games with other game engines can contribute to solve this issue.
But thanks for your efforts.

Good news everybody!
I might found a solution.
On my research for other GPU drivers for my RX 5700 XT I found this:

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Highlights

Fixed Issues

• Performing a task switch with some Radeon Software features enabled or some third-party applications with hardware acceleration running in the background may cause a system hang or black screen.
  • When Instant Replay is enabled, a TDR or black screen may occur when launching games or applications.

So I installed this driver (which is available in the radeon software as an optional driver) and gave UA Dreadnoughts a spin.
And it worked prefect in an custom battle with 20 vs 20 Ships on good graphic settings.

I don't have much time this week. I will keep reply later when I think I can confirm or dissmiss this solution.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am experiencing the same game crashes in 2020 and do not understand why is this happening, is 8gb of ram enough for this game? That is weird that my computer is not handling this game so well as other players' computers do. I have a gtx 760 and i3 and 8 gigabytes of ram and the game runs so badly on my computer. I do not understand then how my computer can handle Skyrim if it is so powerful game and the world is so big and I can play without any lags and with help of mods from https://esports-dude.com/how-to-mod-skyrim-special-edition/ I can play even more smoothly than ever. Anyway, I think the time has come for me to finally upgrade my desktop.

Edited by Alyoya

22 hours ago, Alyoya said:

I am experiencing the same game crashes in 2020 and do not understand why is this happening, is 8gb of ram enough for this game?

Greetings Admiral. Could you please clarify if you sent an in-game report through CTRL+J? 8 gb ram should be enough for the game.

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, Luemmelman said:

Good news everybody!
I might found a solution.
On my research for other GPU drivers for my RX 5700 XT I found this:

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Highlights

Fixed Issues

• Performing a task switch with some Radeon Software features enabled or some third-party applications with hardware acceleration running in the background may cause a system hang or black screen.
  • When Instant Replay is enabled, a TDR or black screen may occur when launching games or applications.

So I installed this driver (which is available in the radeon software as an optional driver) and gave UA Dreadnoughts a spin.
And it worked prefect in an custom battle with 20 vs 20 Ships on good graphic settings.

I don't have much time this week. I will keep reply later when I think I can confirm or dissmiss this solution.

I tried this and it worked perfectly, one playing session. The next day when I tried to play it went back to complete system crash.  I sent several crash reports already.  Sometimes it crashes after finishing ship design, sometimes as soon as I try to enter ship design.

16 hours ago, SteelCandy said:

I tried this and it worked perfectly, one playing session. The next day when I tried to play it went back to complete system crash.  I sent several crash reports already.  Sometimes it crashes after finishing ship design, sometimes as soon as I try to enter ship design.

Admiral, have you tried to reinstall video card drivers?