Game-Labs Forum

Quadruple turrets?

Galis

Hello, first of all I wanted to say that I've been playing the game for a couple of days now and I absolutely love it. This is already my dreams come true, I can't wait for the campaign and future updates. 

But as a boat fetishist I wanted to ask about two things; 
Quadruple turrets? I think it'd be a good addition, in the end the whole French battleship doctrine created to counter the Regia Marina was centered around the quadruple turrets in superfiring pairs on the bows of the ships, like in the Richelieu class.
Advanced Fire-control systems? Iowa would be the best example of what I mean by that I believe, instead of optical rangefinders she was equipped with Mk.38 GFCS which allowed for radar rangefinding and great automatization of the whole process and greatly increased accuracy. The night-time engagement between Kirishima and Washington at the distance of nearly 17 kilometers would be a great example of that. 

Naturally, I understand that it's only an alpha but I wanted to ask about the general idea about the future of the game, if the developers have those two things even in mind for some kind of later updates.

Cheers.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Galis said:

Hello, first of all I wanted to say that I've been playing the game for a couple of days now and I absolutely love it. This is already my dreams come true, I can't wait for the campaign and future updates. 

But as a boat fetishist I wanted to ask about two things; 
Quadruple turrets? I think it'd be a good addition, in the end the whole French battleship doctrine created to counter the Regia Marina was centered around the quadruple turrets in superfiring pairs on the bows of the ships, like in the Richelieu class.
Advanced Fire-control systems? Iowa would be the best example of what I mean by that I believe, instead of optical rangefinders she was equipped with Mk.38 GFCS which allowed for radar rangefinding and great automatization of the whole process and greatly increased accuracy. The night-time engagement between Kirishima and Washington at the distance of nearly 17 kilometers would be a great example of that. 

Naturally, I understand that it's only an alpha but I wanted to ask about the general idea about the future of the game, if the developers have those two things even in mind for some kind of later updates.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Galis said:

Quads are coming were shown in some early tech screenshots

39 minutes ago, Galis said:

Quadruple turrets? I think it'd be a good addition

This is a feature that is many times requested. We have not been able to offer quadruple turrets, but it is something we want to offer. It will depend on the progress of our other main priorities = campaign/crew

39 minutes ago, Galis said:

Advanced Fire-control systems? Iowa would be the best example of what I mean by that I believe, instead of optical rangefinders she was equipped with Mk.38 GFCS which allowed for radar rangefinding and great automatization

You can already combine optical rangefinders and special radar rangefinders for increasing accuracy, aiming and spotting. We want to offer more option for Director systems and Radar, we shall gradually.

• Like 8