Game-Labs Forum

Newb Questions

mia389

Question

I am on day 3 of a Naval Action grind. I am loving the game so far but I have lots to learn.

So far I have about 250,000. 1600 Gold, and 120 Crew. 30 something hrs into game play. I now have a Mercury and a trader brig ships. I feel the game is starting to open up for me now that I can carry cargo. I am US flagged but have outpost in the Bahamas

I have a few questions:

1. Where do I find rigging supplies and hull repairs? No market I have been in has them.

2. I would like to start crafting but not sure where to start. What kind of things can I craft?

3. How do I get upgrades for my current ship? No market I have seen upgrades yet.

4. How can I upgrade my crew? I would like more marines?

I also wanted to point out that I have gotten a lot of help from the in game chat. This is a very mature and helpful community.

4 answers to this question

1.  in tradinghubs, ussually capitals or craftingports

2. you can craft repairs and rum and ships ... however, if you want to craft ships ... it is better that you are in a clan that owns a (develloped) craftingport or that you are in a clan that is on a friendly list of a clan with a craftingport. this is necessairy because without those privileges, you won't be able to craft ships with portboni (as in , you will make inferior ships that nobody wants to buy, if you make your shipyard in the wrong port, you'll have to reinvest everything to rebuild elsewhere)

3. freetowns ussually have something to sell (being a new player, i would advise not to buy the expensive stuff (learn how to sink first 😉  only use what you can afford to lose!)

4. get a higher rank, each rank lets you have more crew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should have started with the tutorials and exams...that would give you 280 crew, tons of repairs, ships and a Naval Clock.  You can still do it.

1. You can craft reps in a workshop or they are generally for sale in free ports...quite expensive!

2. Crafting can be done in any port but ship crafting is best done in a national port where you are a member of the owning clan or on their friends list.  This gives you the port bonuses.  Other than hunting up there, I don't know the best US ports for crafting.  You can craft reps, mods, etc using a workshop, Academy...guns are made with a forge.  All of these buildings must be built in your home port and need raw materials which you must either buy or farm (more investment)...ask on nation chat.

3. Upgrades can be crafted or bought...generally at free ports or the capital.

4.  Crew size increases with rank.  Marines are a book.  Can be bought at your admiralty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mia389 said:

I am on day 3 of a Naval Action grind. I am loving the game so far but I have lots to learn.

So far I have about 250,000. 1600 Gold, and 120 Crew. 30 something hrs into game play. I now have a Mercury and a trader brig ships. I feel the game is starting to open up for me now that I can carry cargo. I am US flagged but have outpost in the Bahamas

I have a few questions:

1. Where do I find rigging supplies and hull repairs? No market I have been in has them. Repairs are usually found in Capitals and Freetowns, those are places where people tend to sail from atleast freetowns in therms of PvP, but the prices are usually high. You can also craft them by yourself or loot them from enemies if they have them in their hold.

2. I would like to start crafting but not sure where to start. What kind of things can I craft? You can craft cannons, ships, upgrades and repairs. You can start anywhere you want, but it would be smart to see what materials you need to craft the desired item, then check which port produces that material and setup an outpost and harvest from there.

3. How do I get upgrades for my current ship? No market I have seen upgrades yet. Upgrades drops from ships, chests and can be bought from players/ports. Same as with repairs you usually find them, but at higher prices where there is freetowns, where all nations can dock up.

4. How can I upgrade my crew? I would like more marines? To get marines you need to buy the books for them and put them on your ship. You have marines 5%, 10% and 15%. They can be bought from the admirality store for doubloons. They are categorized into ship ranks so be aware that you buy the correct one.

I also wanted to point out that I have gotten a lot of help from the in game chat. This is a very mature and helpful community.

Hi and welcome to Naval Action :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2