Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action - User Guide

Aquillas

Revision 05 is issued today, first post is updated with the new link.
This revision includes:

• Update Ship Table in §4.
  • Update §4.6.1 (wood characteristics)
  • Addition of chapter §4.7 - Gunnery
  • Update of Tavern rules (chats)
  • Complete rewriting of §9 - Battles in Naval Action, in particular §9.4 – How to use the wind (with help of pre-existing document by Game-Labs)
  • Update DLC List.
  • Description of wind shadows
  • Description of new sailing rules, especially those related to battle sailing
  • Error correction (that are traked by revision marks)
Edited by Aquillas

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much for your excellent documentation! By far the most complete and accurate instructions I have found so far for Naval Action!

One small thing that I cannot find mentioned in it is an explanation of the information panel that pops up when you click on an NPC ship in the open world (PvE world for me at the moment :-). Most of the panel is self-explanatory, but on some I see a skull-and-crossbones icon; maybe it means they are a pirate? It also took me a while to realise the "ships" might actually be "fleets"! As a new player it would be nice to see an explanation of that panel included!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 8:05 AM, Loophole said:

Thank you very much for your excellent documentation! By far the most complete and accurate instructions I have found so far for Naval Action!

One small thing that I cannot find mentioned in it is an explanation of the information panel that pops up when you click on an NPC ship in the open world (PvE world for me at the moment :-). Most of the panel is self-explanatory, but on some I see a skull-and-crossbones icon; maybe it means they are a pirate? It also took me a while to realise the "ships" might actually be "fleets"! As a new player it would be nice to see an explanation of that panel included!

Sorry for late answer!

These fleets are Elite fleets, which are very strong ships, with utmost good efficiency in boarding and gunnery.

If you sink the main ship of the fleet, you can earn some ship notes of the same type.

• 6 months later...

Revision 06 was uploaded today and the first link is being updated.

New revision includes:

• Update of DLC list
  • Update Ship Table in §4.
  • Update §4.6.1 - Wood choices
  • Update §4.7.1 - Gunnery characteristics
  • Explanation of the Introduction Mission (§3.4)
  • Explanation on balloons in §5.3.13 (Thanks to “Maison de Cornusiac” for help)
  • Small corrections and minor updates (see revision bars)
Edited by Aquillas
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

A quick question, though. The guide states that passing the endurance exam provides reward of experience, repairs, a rattlesnake note, and reals. I don't see any of this after passing the endurance exam.  Has that been changed since that was written in the guide, or do I have a bug issue?

Thanks.

Thanks Aquillas.

I seem to be blocked from posting any new topics on the entirety of this forum, except for in the website-help section (which I did).  So, if you don't mind, I'll just throw my questions here, lieu of starting new topics, since I can't.  Whatever you can't answer, no worries. Thank you in advance.

(1) I am a returning player. I started playing Naval Action back in 2015 or so.  I took a break for a few years.  So I currently have characters on each server.  While I am back to square-one in terms of no experience and no money, I do have a couple nice ships in the docks from some of the giveaways over the years.  However, by being an existing player, it appears that I cannot play the very first pre-tutorial battle to get the money and chest rewards.  Is there a way to do that "mission" without starting a new character from scratch?  If not, do we think the mods would be able to port over my ships to a new account?

(2) Are book-upgrades a single-use item?  Can I have multiple ships simultaneously have the same book? (i.e., can two ships have the same book/knowledge thingy.)  Once I put a book on a ship slot, can I remove/replace it with a different one?  Is there a penalty for doing so?

(3) Are any module upgrades removable or can they only be destroyed? 

Also, I understand module upgrades are a single-use item and each one goes on one ship, but let me know if that's incorrect.

(4) What does the color of the class icon on the ship mean, when I'm viewing my ships in the docks? For example, it'll say 7 for a yacht, but the number will be on a blue or green or magenta background.  I didn't see this in the guide.

Thanks!

Edited by Yaramir

• 1 month later...

Thanks for these ramarks, and sorry for a delayed answer.

• Returning to the games means that your accounts were reinitialized 2 years ago, at game release.
  • By resetting an account, you will lose everything, but you will keep the DLC's and rewards you got, except maybe the yacht. But this won't give you the possibility to redo the exams.
  • Books are knowledge of the captain. They can be used on all ships as soon as book slots are unlocked
  • Removed upgrades will be destroed. there is a warning ingame when doing it
  • Ship colors define the number of upgrade that can be placed on a ship, from grey (1 upgrade) to gold (5 upgrades and a bonus).

• 1 year later...

Revision 08 was updated today and the 1st link was updated.

A lot of lodifications were made, User Guide is now focus on activities on the Main Caribbean Server.

• Description of the Main Caribbean Server.
  • Change references to basic cutter in basic brig.
  • Modification on rewards from exams.
  • Deletion of the introduction mission.
  • Details about letting your fleet ships escape before Player escapes a battle.
  • Add up to date details about installation Paid version of Naval Action after FTP version.
  • Add more details on Tow Requests
  • Update about how to start easily.
  • Description of Season Quests.
  • Port Bonus modifications.
  • Deep update on clan activities
  • Introduction of Navy Service Medals.
  • Track the Patch Notes since December 2021.
  • Update descriptions of Port Features

To be noted that my nickname in the Main Server is presently Eleazar de Damas.

Edited by Aquillas

• 6 months later...