Game-Labs Forum

mini map

biondi

• 6 months later...

I think that the third person view is probably ample situational awareness - commanders in real life certainly had to actually look around to ascertain the placement / condition of their ships.

There's also so much space on-screen that they'd likely have to remove or downsize something of great importance to fit in a minimap of a good size.

Plus, the minimap would have to be constantly adjusted, since yours and the enemy's ships are moving across the battlefield. 

I think it would be a bit too much hassle to get something that's not really necessary.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Considering current complexity of the maps in the game, I'd say it's most needed feature. 

If you need to quickly find any of your vessels, just double click on it (gui) and camera will jump to it, works better than minimap...

Edited by Latur Husky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Latur Husky said:

Considering current complexity of the maps in the game, I'd say it's most needed feature. 

If you need to quickly find any of your vessels, just double click on it (gui) and camera will jump to it, works better than minimap...

The above suggestion for supreme commander is also a good idea, especially for a world map of the campaign where you can zoom from one location and zoom right into another (such as the docks at england for example to your fleet moving too engage someone).

54 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

do you really need a map for a map with nothing but water? With FoW it would prolly show nothing lol

Water is noice to look at. Also my pc is dying so it needs all the bloody breaks it can get besides bin bin xD

• Like 1