Game-Labs Forum

Storms and effects on naval combat.

Guess who's back with another suggestion, obviously, me. 

What am I proposing? 

To reintroduce storms to Naval Action as a means of adding dynamic to a dull player-vs-player experience.

Why am I suggesting this? 

From what I have observed both in reality and within Naval Action waves had a varying degree of effects when it came to Naval Combat. They were both your best and worst enemy and should never be taken lightly. Secondly, from personal experience when it comes to Naval Action player-vs-player the environments are incredibly dull and uninspiring, really nothing ever changes. What I propose is for the developers to reintroduce these sort of waves. Why? To make the game feel more dynamic, bring the life of the sea to Naval Action.

I don't really know what else to add here, other than what I wrote above. Feel free to contribute. 

Do I feel this feature is necessary? 

It's a double-edged sword. That's all I have to say. 

Edited by George Burton
  • Like 4

Just now, Papillon said:

Too taxing on server, it won't be done.

It should not be reintroduced as a constant, but rather a variable. Only during storms should these sort of waves be produced. I do not intend for them to change the waves to something like that in-general.

6 hours ago, Jean Pual Vilvenue said:

They need better servers. Still getting massive FPS drops even on 7v7 battles. Dips as low as 25fps. 1080Ti, 8700K@5.1GHz..... really frustrating.

That is understandable. Are they not working on that at all?

Edited by George Burton
Typo, please re-read.

2 hours ago, Liq said:

it's funny how the same dozen or two-dozen topics get new threads every few months over and over again :P

Perhaps people post the same threads over and over in an attempt to actually gain the attention of the developers. You know, something that everyone with an idea for improving the game wants. I understand that the game may be technically limited when it comes to optimisation as one of the previous users commented. If that is the case then I suppose we'll have to wait and see if they can implement better waves in the future. 

I'm only here to suggest improvements. Not make smart-ass comments. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, George Burton said:

That is understandable. Are they not working on that at all?

I dont know if its just poor optimisation on the CPU side or server side. But I just wish a good framerate could be maintained even on a 25v25 on a system that is high end, somewhere around 45-60 without having random data loss where cannons dont even show coming out of the cannons due to server overload.