Game-Labs Forum

Players disconnecting on purpose

I feel like the developers should take a look at players abusing the 'connection loss' issue. Whenever we chase an enemy player, some players choose to cut their connection on purpose to escape the chasers. It creates an unfair advantage, and I think developers could do something about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Je maintiendrai said:

I feel like the developers should take a look at players abusing the 'connection loss' issue. Whenever we chase an enemy player, some players choose to cut their connection on purpose to escape the chasers. It creates an unfair advantage, and I think developers could do something about it.

This is not what's happening. When they join a mission they disappear immediately into battle and the battle closes immediatly(only missions do this) you can wait on said spot till they finish and kill them after if you really want to.

When someone disconnects they drop sails in overworld and remain attackable for 2 minutes. 

2 hours ago, rediii said:

they join a mission, they dont cut their connection

Sorry but I suspect this isn't what is happening,  enemy ships have insta-logged out inside dutch captital waters quite often of late and would not be possible to get missions in those area's.

Someone needs to test this, but from what I have been informed insta log out occurs when you pull your hard connection to router.

Again this is what i have been told, and not tested as yet.

I have seen this happen myself pre-release and after release, but never knew how was done.

The only way they could have missions in these area's would be by taking missions in a nation then using forged papers to leave and activate missions after leaving nation which i can't believe so many would do this tbh.

The only other possibility i can think of is perhaps if you dc from steam itself (log out of steam while ingame), but again would have to be tested.

Edited by LegoLarry

1 hour ago, Suppenkelle said:

How far away are you when these ships disappear? Do the enemies seem to „freeze“ for a moment before disappearing?

Someone in nation had a player disappear on edge of tag circle the other night, we said to F11 it.

During testing when i myself have seen this happen they just simply vanish,  no pause like entering a mission.

Edited by LegoLarry

I have had this happen before as well... sometimes players are signing off and are waiting to sign off at sea... I sign off on the ocean all the time as I am almost always far away from my port of call... you may have just attacked at the most unoportune moment. If you go to sign off while on the ocean... you are given the option to wait 2 minutes to log off safely or just exit the game. If you wait to log off for the 2 minutes then your ship will disappear after the two minutes are up... If you decide to just log off... then it still takes a little time to get out of game... but someone near by can still attack you... they just have like two minutes to do their dirty work. Most good pirates in game know this and I believe many of the traders that have played the game for as long as I have know about this as well.

Cheers mates! I hope this is some how helpful.