Game-Labs Forum

Did AI's damage increase in the last few days? It seems so to me, I see devs tweaking god knows what every other day. Or I suddenly started to suck even more, there is always that.....

tnx for paints, great job....

2 hours ago, jnovotny6 said:

Did AI's damage increase in the last few days? It seems so to me, I see devs tweaking god knows what every other day. Or I suddenly started to suck even more, there is always that.....

tnx for paints, great job....

ahhh don't worry i suck with ai  everyday :)

i can not even sink a enemy lynx or t brik . mine sink ten times faster-   if i survive a battle i am mostly choked  from winning than from losing ...  0.0  ... 

tnx for flags , great job ...

Edited by Thonys

The AI uses medium guns on its broadside while many players use longs this gives the AI a higher damage/faster firing broadside. Their aim is also fairly good depending on the circumstances (sometimes they like to just fire in the general direction of the target). However any notion that the AI is cheating is slander and will result in a ban hammer to the gulag. 

I usually run mediums on everything, with high pen and quick reload mods and perks, yet somehow my reload is still 2-3 seconds longer than NPC. But you can bounce most things. The troubling things are the Elites turning and upwind sailing with 60% and less sails, and doing it faster than we can at 100% sails.

• Like 2

The developers are tweaking AI continously, that is what I am sure. There is big difference between the AI 1 year ago and the AI now. They sail better.

Only problem is they are still laser accurate on bow and stern raking with single shot sniping, and they still reload much faster despite all the gunnery port bonus + reload mods we have. This still feels unorganic and cheap. And yes they can tack perfectly. I am talking about at least 4 star kill missions AIs, I do not know what others are doing :) 

I love it when AI changes direction of his tack when player can overshoot, putting you subject to getting pounded a nice broadside by him. Time to time forces you in a bad position where he can board and believe me if he has the big numbers you will lose boarding if not prepared.

• Like 1

Truth. But if we all played like the pros show in their videos, we can take Mercs vs 1st rate AI and just kite them 30 degrees upwind into missing our stern over and over while we turn to destroy their sails and masts so we can later stern camp them to death, Or, or just hug them to death with carros, somehow never getting boarded, nor losing a mast. Never works for me....I ain't pro. heh.