Game-Labs Forum

Enemy reward (bounty) system

what about a system where we can put a reward(bounty) on a enemy player ( mechanic only usable directly after a battle only...)

the currency is gold .....and the minimum amount to put on a player is 500 gold .

and a pay out of 50% ,. when that enemy is sunk.

it would encourage the will to attack a player with a high amount of gold on his head .(bounty)

visible in ow as:

nation:   Enemy player 

Reward:  8000 Gold                (-50%! )

we have the missions who pay cm,  but it would be nice if  we have a reward for actual sinking a player in ow with gold paid by players.(a direct reward if the enemy had bounty on his head)

lets discuss...who is in favour?

Edited by Thonys
put in a variable> minimal amount
  • Like 2

I've made this suggestion before and too many players voted it down because they didn't want "unfair targeting" of themselves. The second biggest reason was alt farming, ppl placing bounties on their alts and getting the easy reward.

I would enjoy a mechanic of course. However it is very doable to put out a bounty yourself.

I for example will pay 10,000 doubloons+5 combat medals for the murder of Peter Goldman in any 1-3 rate (except Wasa). 

(BOUNTY IS NOT REAL IM A POOR BOY)

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, van der Clam said:

I've made this suggestion before and too many players voted it down because they didn't want "unfair targeting" of themselves. The second biggest reason was alt farming, ppl placing bounties on their alts and getting the easy reward.

To get a bounty placed as suggested it would take place right after someone was sunk, so I don't see any unfair targetting being an issue. 

There would be no way to alt farm since the bounties are setup and paid by players. Why attempt to transfer money this way with the loss (50%) involved. It would be easier to transfer money at a freeport and not lose half of it in the process.

There has been bounties in the game before just no actual mechanic to ensure payment between the players. This mechanic would eliminate situations where payment was not delivered upon completion of the contract due to either a double cross or players not being online at the time.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:38 AM, van der Clam said:

you statement is built on fear it will be not be abused and  holds no ground you  will only get 50 % 

you  can easily trade gold  in trade of sell the gold .if you want to have it transferred or something.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:39 AM, Flinch said:

I would enjoy a mechanic of course. However it is very doable to put out a bounty yourself.

I for example will pay 10,000 doubloons+5 combat medals for the murder of Peter Goldman in any 1-3 rate (except Wasa). 

(BOUNTY IS NOT REAL IM A POOR BOY)

true you can do that ,but 

first you have to be online to give out the gold you promised and can be a fake reward..

second it is a immediate pay out of the bounty reward 

third it is no restriction on the ship it sails .it's all about the player.