Game-Labs Forum

Battle locked, but it shouldnt?

Koltes

My mate got tagged outside Nuevitas. He was on Aggie. Tagger was on Hercules. Battle closed pretty much instantly.
BR was 340 for Pirates vs 110 for GB. Could not join either side. Why GB side was locked too?
I mean shouldn't battle close once BR got 13% or less difference?

The battle would have closed to you after 3 minutes as your mate was on the side with the higher BR. The GB side would be locked to you as you cannot join against your own side. If I understand it correctly the Pirates have the option to join on either side but not sure if this applies when one side is also Pirate.

Again another issue of unclear RoE.

4 hours ago, koltes said:

My mate got tagged outside Nuevitas. He was on Aggie. Tagger was on Hercules. Battle closed pretty much instantly.
BR was 340 for Pirates vs 110 for GB. Could not join either side. Why GB side was locked too?

Am I correct in assuming a complaint is from a Pirate, who couldn't join on enemy's side, in order to increase BR, so that other pirates could jump in to help his friend?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, koltes said:

Battle stays open for both sides for 2 minutes (1:28:45 battle timer is when battle is closed to normal joining)

Since the battle is Pirates versus GB - a pirate cannot join on the GB side even if it is lower.

EDIT: Pirates can join both sides (and continue doing so) of the battle as long as they are 2 different nations that are not pirates. If it is a battle of Pirates vs (anyone else), then pirates are restricted to only joining the pirate side. There are arguments on whether this is fair, but we won't go there in this thread.

If you undocked after the battle started, there is a 2 minute cooldown before being able to enter a battle. This blocks entry to those trying to undock after the battle starts to "hide" your numbers.

If you were outside before the battle started you should have been able to join within 2 minutes of the battle.

It is further possible you experienced a bug.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Battle stays open for both sides for 2 minutes (1:28:45 battle timer is when battle is closed to normal joining)

Since the battle is Pirates versus GB - a pirate cannot join on the GB side even if it is lower.

EDIT: Pirates can join both sides (and continue doing so) of the battle as long as they are 2 different nations that are not pirates. If it is a battle of Pirates vs (anyone else), then pirates are restricted to only joining the pirate side. There are arguments on whether this is fair, but we won't go there in this thread.

If you undocked after the battle started, there is a 2 minute cooldown before being able to enter a battle. This blocks entry to those trying to undock after the battle starts to "hide" your numbers.

If you were outside before the battle started you should have been able to join within 2 minutes of the battle.

It is further possible you experienced a bug.

Ok thanks, I think I just did not understood the mechanic properly

Appreciate the answer