Game-Labs Forum

How to move around the map while ordering to settle ?

Astrée

I wanted to settle a new camp, but I can't reach the place where I want to settle, because the map centers on the settling town when I select it, and the place where I want to settle goes out of my screen. If I try to move the map, it just points the settle point where I click to try to move the map, thus I'm unable to choose the good place.

Is there a work around to move the map before choosing a place where to settle ?

• Like 1

I think it’s a distance from the existing camp you are using to send the settlement out to. 

What I have done is pick the warriors with the required supplies, and send them to the camp closet to where I want to settle. Then send them out from there. 

What is wrong with colonizing further?
Are we supposed to take back our land or is it just to delay the inevitable?
To set up camp too far is to expose it to patrols and animals. Especially  by moving away, from the starting point, the enemy populations are harder.

I have 40 agglutinated camps, it's absurd, while I cleaned up many areas.

(google translate)

On 7/15/2019 at 1:46 AM, T-Da said:

I think it’s a distance from the existing camp you are using to send the settlement out to. 

to make this clear, the area where you can settle in is centered on the camp you are settling from, so that's your maximum expansion range at any moment. however, the spot you want to settle at still in needs to be 'visible' (i.e., not in 'fog of war'), so if you are expanding to a new zone place your own avatar where he covers the desired area before giving the 'settle' order. to have access to shared inventory this should be next to a camp or fire, but you can take care of logistics beforehand.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:46 AM, T-Da said:

What I have done is pick the warriors with the required supplies, and send them to the camp closet to where I want to settle. Then send them out from there. 

yes, that's the most straightforward approach: transfer resources and weapons through inventory to edge camp, upgrade it to tier 3, move in 3 warriors, place avatar, settle.