Game-Labs Forum

Griefing in OW and battle

To add to this from a personal encounter, i had a enemy attack me while i was sitting at the dock. No big deal, but when he started demanding that I sail away from the towers and engage him I had to laugh. I indulged him by sailing away from the towers but since I was outfitted for long range I chose to do so, to which he complained again that I was a coward for not closing to point blank range. He by the way never attempted to close range with the excuse that I was still to close to the towers (this was pre release and the towers then had very little range at all). 

Ending comment as I stated before, stop trying to tell your enemies how to play the game to suit your ship load out and tactics. It is THEIR ship, THEIR time, and THEIR choice. The only thing you have control over is how YOU play the game, absolutely nothing beyond that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

No . He had no intention to fight . Why i say this? coz every time we try to tag him in open world he runs away . Every time we turn around and let him be he comes back at us following us. We tried many things to lose him but he kept annoying us doing false tags etc. Eventually we tried disconnecting but he pulled taged us in OW and pulled us in battle twice . In the battle he had no intention to fight . Started running away as soon as it started and while we were chasing him he did not fire .

After few minutes we gave up again coz he was way faster so we drop sails waiting to leave battle but he turn around drop sails also and kept us in battle by very long distance shots at masts . We tried going after him again , same thing he runs . In the end we got fed up with it turn around and sail away.. Guess what he started chasing us and doing everything possible to keep us in the battle longer . We being in trincs and he in hermione managed to get away by sailing upwind . 

Rince and repeat from the start in open world 

Eventually after over 1.5 hours if you count from the start

I believe @Captain Reverse was complaing about a similar situation on his stream today in truxilo and even asking that the people responsible should be banned (yes i speak russian too) . Well we can't have double standards .. i warned it would lead to this so devs should give official position about this . If russians are allowed to do this then same goes for brits and everyone

2 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

No . He had no intention to fight . Why i say this? coz every time we try to tag him in open world he runs away . Every time we turn around and let him be he comes back at us following us. We tried many things to lose him but he kept annoying us doing false tags etc. Eventually we tried disconnecting but he pulled taged us in OW and pulled us in battle twice . In the battle he had no intention to fight . Started running away as soon as it started and while we were chasing him he did not fire .

After few minutes we gave up again coz he was way faster so we drop sails waiting to leave battle but he turn around drop sails also and kept us in battle by very long distance shots at masts . We tried going after him again , same thing he runs . In the end we got fed up with it turn around and sail away.. Guess what he started chasing us and doing everything possible to keep us in the battle longer . We being in trincs and he in hermione managed to get away by sailing upwind . 

Rince and repeat from the start in open world 

Eventually after over 1.5 hours if you count from the start

I believe @Captain Reverse was complaing about a similar situation on his stream today in truxilo and even asking that the people responsible should be banned (yes i speak russian too) . Well we can't have double standards .. i warned it would lead to this so devs should give official position about this . If russians are allowed to do this then same goes for brits and everyone

It's been different in Truxillo. Reverse sat right on our docks when I pulled his Wasa in battle and started bitching about griefing - whatever that means - right from the start. As if his time is worth more than mine. Killed about 230 of his crew with my little Snow just to demonstrate the intention to fight. I do not have the skill nor a super Wasa to counter him. Hence the coast guard ship. Not my fault if his buddies don't manage to join the fight. Gene

• Like 1

Admin has stated that starting a fight with no intention of fighting is griefing. Quit trying to muddy the waters by saying "b-but if I tag a player and can't win then am I griefing?" This is smooth brain logic. If you tag a ship and can't win against it you do not repeatedly tag said ship in to consecutive battles. The delaying tactics claim is also horse shit, what was he delaying for? There was no port battle and it wouldn't take an hour for back up to arrive. 

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells can see this is griefing. Plain and simple. If you tag and keep people in consecutive battles while shooting ball at sail from 1000 meters you are pretty much just a troll. 

Again this game's player base never ceases to amaze me. The length players will travel just to avoid playing the game. 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

It's been different in Truxillo. Reverse sat right on our docks when I pulled his Wasa in battle and started bitching about griefing - whatever that means - right from the start. As if his time is worth more than mine. Killed about 230 of his crew with my little Snow just to demonstrate the intention to fight. I do not have the skill nor a super Wasa to counter him. Hence the coast guard ship. Not my fault if his buddies don't manage to join the fight. Gene

Well to be fair, the BR rating might have prevented any of the 3 other wasa's or the herc that was there with him. 

1 minute ago, Raekur said:

Well to be fair, the BR rating might have prevented any of the 3 other wasa's or the herc that was there with him. 

Not at all. The join circle might have been on land. The rest of his fleet might have been drawn in a different fight. Our battle rating was a narrow fourth of his until an Ingermanland

joined our side. Instead of crying for bans on people one might better criticize himself for the sheer arrogance to strike sails right on the enemy docks. But no,  it must be the defenders fault! Sure. These "big boys" from almost all factions come to Truxillo for easy farming all day. With best ships, mods and whatsoever. One - and I call him offically a fool here - from Havoc lost his Wasa at Trux yesterday and texted his ship was dispensable, while we found a naval clock on her! Well, if even that kind of stuff is dispensable now, I for sure will not feed them my best ships. Maybe these people try to imagine that some mere frigate they kill so easily just passing by might be a precious to somebody who also likes to play the game. Regards, Genevieve

9 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Not at all. The join circle might have been on land. The rest of his fleet might have been drawn in a different fight. Our battle rating was a narrow fourth of his until an Ingermanland

joined our side. Instead of crying for bans on people one might better criticize himself for the sheer arrogance to strike sails right on the enemy docks. But no,  it must be the defenders fault! Sure. These "big boys" from almost all factions come to Truxillo for easy farming all day. With best ships, mods and whatsoever. One - and I call him offically a fool here - from Havoc lost his Wasa at Trux yesterday and texted his ship was dispensable, while we found a naval clock on her! Well, if even that kind of stuff is dispensable now, I for sure will not feed them my best ships. Maybe these people try to imagine that some mere frigate they kill so easily just passing by might be a precious to somebody who also likes to play the game. Regards, Genevieve

The join circle was only half obscured by land but enough was there to join if they were so inclined. His 3 allies sailed away towards Black River I think without even checking or they were locked out as tbe BR was 70 vs 400 at the time that I looked.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, John Sheppard said:

Did you read anything from what i wrote? We didn't try to gank him, he came at us 

Did you consider only having one person engage him? I know he is a little sissy that only likes to go after traders but he may have AT least tried his luck with only one of you.