Game-Labs Forum

Sandbox mode

Capt sowd

Question

Will there ever be a sandbox mode? my Idea of it would be a custom battle with you vs AI. you could choose your ship and upgrades and the AI's ship. I think it would be good for new players so they can get used to combat or maybe someone who is looking to buy a new ship.

From Capt. sowd

Edited by Capt sowd

7 answers to this question

Uh the game is a sandbox, so not sure what sandbox mode you mean.  Sounds like your talking more of what Naval Action: Legend was going to be,  more the arena fighting but with other players, but your stating just the skirmish/small battles where you pick the AI.  This isn't a arena game (something your more speaking) it's a OW sandbox.

Now some of us have asked for a training room which would be more like your speaking of that other games have.  Players can pick sides and maybe even have ai added to a side.  There has not been any hint from devs about this but I could see how this could be usefull to a limited means, other wise the best training is just doing it in game.

It's not really a sandbox STS.  It's not turn by turn or story mode true, but still not a sandbox where I have a ship and can do what I want.

But he's asking for a free play area basically, a parallel world outside the NA world for simple practice, training, trial exercises.  I get it, plenty other requests for such an alternate world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Uh the game is a sandbox, so not sure what sandbox mode you mean.  Sounds like your talking more of what Naval Action: Legend was going to be,  more the arena fighting but with other players, but your stating just the skirmish/small battles where you pick the AI.  This isn't a arena game (something your more speaking) it's a OW sandbox.

This game is a sandbox/arena-lite. A true sandbox is something like Gary's mod, Timesplitters or Halo forge mode.
All games contain a sandbox, it's just a term for playing around with what's possible in what's provided
Few games give you developer-style control over what you can do, those are actual sandbox games
But yes he wants the duel room with battle set up, that would be a perfect feature for PVE.

Edited by Slim McSauce

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Uh the game is a sandbox, so not sure what sandbox mode you mean.

Its actually not a sandbox game. Its open world but for a sandbox we lack a shit ton for freedom. I am not even the strict when it comes to the term since I would consider GTA a sandbox even though it is not. Naval Action does not even give you the freedom to attack everyone. All the restrictions we have on how we can join battles etc make this game more like an open world matchmaking system. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Papillon said:

It's not really a sandbox STS.  It's not turn by turn or story mode true, but still not a sandbox where I have a ship and can do what I want.

But he's asking for a free play area basically, a parallel world outside the NA world for simple practice, training, trial exercises.  I get it, plenty other requests for such an alternate world.

PvE server is for that. What else would you need to practice on other than traders and eqaul and even smaller scaled ships. There is literally nothing to loose. Would be nice if pve server players got a 1 time free asset and rank server change. Not like the economy has any long term design in mind on the pvp server anyway.... 

18 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

But yes he wants the duel room with battle set up, that would be a perfect feature for PVE.

Duel rooms on the peace server would be an instance death for war server, such a thing would result in gank free battles, gank free OW and grind free OW, but hey go right ahead and make our server great!

Edited by Guest