Game-Labs Forum

ROE Handbook

I propose the addition of a captains handbook, available at port and sea. 

Two things I want to see in here are:

1. Ability to write you own notes, personal ledgers, saved so when game is quit and reopened it still appears.

2. Rules of Engagement. I think every captain should be aware and have a guidelines for all rules of engagement of the sea, in open world and patrol missions. This helps players be aware of how battles work. Seeing how the devs are always tweaking join timers or other aspects of battle mechanics. It would be helpful to have a guidebook on current operations.

Some of you may have other useful suggestions of what could be added to a captains handbook.

• Like 7

The Articles of War, which governs daily conduct and behavior in combat, parts of which are read at Sunday Services and at punishment, Port Admiral's or Fleet admiral's instructions (ROE) signal's, Provision's, Ships,  and Captain's logs were all part of ships 'library'.

I would think that such a book would have to be optional as many people would not want to spend a lot of time on paperwork in a game, those who like to keep a record of where they are going, have been, weather and action reports, or prices, profit and loss what is sold and bought where, would, probably like a log, although, most of the information can be found elsewhere.

The idea is good and would bring a touch of authenticity to 'life' at sea for those who have the time and inclination to keep a log.

Item 1 in your suggestions in particular would be extremely useful.

One example -

- Given the volume of dubloons now needed to create and upgrade buildings, the limit of 10,000 in the money chest is a hindrance. Without writing down on paper where I have stored  some in warehouses, I have to teleport around to find/recall them, in the process wasting them for no reason other than current game programming.

Thus a live scribble pad/personal l.edger is a great idea.

Edited by Ortac

That's an interesting idea for adding more 'skillbooks' you purchase from admiralty (or loot somewhere), so people can style their 'ship library' according to their personal game style.

I picture the following 'skillbooks' (separately, obviously):

(1) Rulebook about rules of engagement present at the moment, the guidlelines

(2) Captain's logbook, a personal note collection, free style

(3) Purser's accounting book, all merchant activities collected here, buying/selling, you can make annotations

(4) Courier ledger, about passenger and cargo/letters transports

(5) Shipyard ledger, following the story of your ship building, buying and selling

(6) Battle statistics, a diary of all battles with their respective actions done

I named them skillbooks but they would not show up for lining them up in your skillbook slots, no, those are needed for more urgent things, rather I imagine those books once acquired would add functions to your User Interface you otherwise would not get.

Call it another progression field and customizing of the UI. And you can play as before without them, just with less information stored and less transparency.

• Like 4

This has also been suggested several times. IMO they should drop from the ship if its captured so people could keep them as prices and maybe even circle around the community

I would like it to include a lot of the web UI tools I use ingame. Like the ship compare for hard stats, the wind rose speed compare, basically all the stuff available at https://na-map.netlify.com/ intergrated into the game. Also like different nations ranks etc like from the NA wikipedia an maybe even the history/backround for some of the ships ingame.