Game-Labs Forum

Deadmans Chests different loot value

Holm Hansen

Indeed. Sailing to a bottle/storm wreck and back is usually 2hrs+. Plus search time for storm wrecks plus risk to loose the race.

Loot quantity/quality should be worth the time spent/risk

the risk/time vs loot seems to work in other areas: Eg the loot from hostility mission ships is way inferior than that of same rank in ow.

So a general balance according to the risk/time to loot ratio seems a legit request imho.

Edited by Jan van Santen

3 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Yesterday eg i opened a bottle south of Kidds and the wreck was close to Swannsborough. According to netlify map thats 343 K distance. 

Try to open the next one sitting in port, maybe you'll get more sensible distances?

41 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Yesterday eg i opened a bottle south of Kidds and the wreck was close to Swannsborough. According to netlify map thats 343 K distance. 

Perhaps bottles spawn near a town in nearer distance? Try to open them in Mortimer. I used to sail not further than Cap Francais ratio wise.

It also are matters in  the whole discussion:
How often do you manage to get a chest from this event? At how many failed attempts? (there are also need time) Or you missed the eventstart in online-time.

And finally, at the same running event,  chest B contains nothing else that you could get in the normal game too and chest A contains things that you cannot get on an other way in the  game.

Also was in the former events the content of the chests in all the same, category related. Thats why i think, its can in this case also be an technical issue.

Edit: ok, seen too late, you talk about bottles...
Edited by Holm Hansen
addition