Game-Labs Forum

Le Req with carros?

Farrago

Question

@Licinio Chiavari in another thread you said "a Requin can lose badly to a bunch of smaller ships or to a single nicely geared and handled Privateer. Especially so stupid requin sailing with Carronades."

I get the first part. But if you wouldn't mind, would you explain why you consider equipping the Req with carros to be stupid? I always thought the far superior damage of the carros would be desirable, especially considering the Req's manuverabily.

54 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

1. Not pirate rigged:

image.thumb.png.4a846d3a977fad1c6dee481688c73ad7.png

Requin beats Privateer between 45 to 80 degrees, with the best advantage of 0.7 knots + stern chasers as we speak. It still sails faster 30 degrees and between 0 to 15 degrees. Not forgetting about stern chasers with all these headings while Privateer can try to zig-zag, try to approach from blind firing zone or different tricks that will only work to a small extent. 

2. Put that "VASTLY faster" up your ASS. Privateer scoring top speed of 13.58 knots while Requin is achieving 13.53 knots in OW at best points of sail. 

3. "Choose the tag, both distance and position", ever heard of defensive tags? Ignoring the fact that Requin can be faster, just mentioning this.

4. Not using pirate/elite pirate rigs on Requin is simply dumb. We can speak theoretically what happens if players don't use them, but it's much better to apply realism. If someone doesn't use p-rigs on Requins, he's either not skilled/experienced or using just throwaway boat. 

5. Privateer with p-rigs will get slower downwind while Requin will only gain speed. 

Here, speaking numbers, facts and truth. Put imagination and exaggerating aside from the serious discussion, thanks. You start to be more and more biased like Heth, really.

Really. Put aside numbers. And try in OW. Really.

I am a decent players, not terrible not close to really good ones.
Still I have more hours on requin than anybody I think. And I assure you: Requin OW speed are simply that: TERRIBLE.
Far inferior than it could look like looking at numbers.

As long as a medium* requin user get catched by a Privateer expert (ask ROVERS) downwind he'll have a bad time get out safely.

Seriously: you're a famed veteran. Still I saw you on requin. It's not "your" ship and it was clearly noticeable: there are some requin users, not famed at all that are better than you.
Nothing bad... I hate and I'm not good at all with Hercules and small 5th rates in general; I'm better with something bigger.
I know I'm good with requin (time matters): a privateer (and I use mine too quite often) would tag a Requin on his call.

Not to repeat AGAIN: a skilled privateer cant beat a skilled requin... but with a noticeble experience gap it's douable with far less pain than can be supposed.

1 hour ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

LOLLOL 

I can't believe people have to get graphs out and write paragraph after paragraph just to explain what is blatently obvious. How are people so deluded.

Is licinio even playing this game, or just trolling

Byzantium conversations, as usual...

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

ever since the chain patch was added the long gun is pretty much useless IMO. I still consider the chain patch to be the second worse choice after the repairs the devs have ever made. Its completely nonsensical. They added it. Noone like it and just are to stubborn to change it. Taking advantage of the range against carros is just useless because the way ships can turn and angle so fast. You never sink ships at long range because its just to easy for them to hide bad sides. Shallow ships take even less advantage of long guns since waves. 

so true. devs should stick to what's real and not what they think is real, thing's are so much better when you align yourself with what actually happened. Ramming, Repairing, unlimited grape, no swivel guns, no deck fire. All just serve to muddy down people idea of what an Age of Sail is.

Read the books and watch the films, this game makes a minor joke of what naval combat is. If I was in any position to, I would be questioning whether the developer has what it takes to put thesethings together to make a great game that serves people's sensibilities, not fights against it.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1