Game-Labs Forum

How you know , in the past the sailing ships could set "Studding sail" for escape from the enemy or the get faster .

Now I was thinking : why not to implement this feature into Naval Action . The Studding sail can be as a perk or a rare book .

Possibility to set them in the battle time .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studding_sail

Already suggested in the past .

f5jdxe55lq3u5k55y14jvszc22092004171723.jpg.44b74780f63064ef873f41d19331db1d.jpg

Discuss.

Edited by CaptainSparkles
  • Like 3

We have them already. You don't see them graphically though. 

Check out skillbooks: Studdingsails, Treatise on Square Sails Trim; and upgrades: Spanish Rig Refit, Elite Spanish Rig Refit.

They increase square sail force, making you faster downwind, while decreasing staysail force, making you slower upwind. I wish there was an option to turn them on/off in battle, maybe with a few minutes timer before setting them again after you furl them....

They do not affect OW speed, only instance speed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CaptainSparkles said:

That's the problem , we have to see them .

true, the yard masts are there visually just not used. I would love if there was some kind of "Studding Sails" option after full sails, which could take a few minutes to setup.

We also need the amount of crew needed for sailing is increased/decreased whether you're going 100% 80% 60% 40% etc

2 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Maybe make it increase OW speed aka poor mans Loodsman?

I like it but I don't know what's worse, OW speed buffs to where you get tagged but escape battle repeatedly, or a bellona going 15knts  beam reach and down.

Edited by Slim McSauce