Game-Labs Forum

cannot loot ships

ZenTex

Question

well, the title is a bit misleading

I can loot ships. when I'm lucky. 8 out of 10 times, i cannot.

no matter how i try, i just seem to be unable to get into that sweetspot where i can actually either loot a sunken ship or captured one. Even when i board a ship and try to access the hold after a capture, i need to monuever and wiggle around for about  5 minutes, even though im right there alongside, stopped.

I thought it was normal untill i did a mission with other people. they seem to be just fine being in the general vicinity of the ship to loot it. Me? if i sink a ship, i rarely get a chance to loot it.

What's going on here?

8 answers to this question

It's indeed tricky to learn how to loot the AI.  If you can't bully the AI then they tend to die upwind of you, making it hard to get back to them.  Then you have to get there in time, be very close, and yet slow down enough to allow looting.  Then you have to keep panning your view to get the right alignment with the center of the dead ship that shows the looting "X".  I only manage it about half the time.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

WTF?

who'd have known, didn't  know that and wouldn't have guessed. any reason for why we cannot have the old post battle loot screen back>

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll try.

Edited by ZenTex

Damn, it does work.

Also, I'm not sure if there was a tutorial 2 years ago and if it explained the current mechanics. ;)

@ the devs, why? why change something that was working fine but must be a chore now??

Edited by ZenTex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ZenTex said:

@ the devs, why? why change something that was working fine but must be a chore now??

It might be annoying, but look at it this way.  Fighting the AI is like shooting fish in a barrel since they always do the same thing.  You might as well be given the opportunity to learn something about positioning and manouvering from the experience. 

4 hours ago, ZenTex said:

Also, I'm not sure if there was a tutorial 2 years ago and if it explained the current mechanics.

There wasn't a Tutorial 2 years ago that explains the present day mechanics. Silly as it sounds a lot of things changed in 2 years of Early Access and heavy development, thankfully.

Strange as it may sound the mechanic is exactly the same as Boarding - point camera to enemy ship. And that was alreayd like that 2 years ago.

I am certain the adaptation to the new mechanic is as flawless as initiating a boarding. The only major difference being if you are downwind from the sinking wreck and cannot make way there. In that case, is on you and not how the interface is presented.

Welcome back captain. Ask all questions you feel the need to have an answer fot. Certain things might feel the same but have different ruling mechanics.