Game-Labs Forum

Tutorial not available (Major Issue)

@admin

If you have already completed the tutorial and then delete the character and start a new one on that server.. the tutorial is already flagged completed and there is no option to do it for your new character.

You gain the M&C rank but loose both ships and all the rewards.

Should reset to nothing and allow you to start again from scratch.

Edited by Moria15

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

LOL, so you can have free Rattlers and Hercs for life?  :P There's a reason they're soulbound.

dont get your point..  they should be linked to the character NOT the account.  The way it is now, you delete character and if you completed exam on deleted character, you start at M&C rank with a basic cutter and no exp...    it should be reset all or reset nothing from the exams.

Edited by Moria15

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

These are "Premium" ships.. ala in-app purchases...  The dev's won't just be giving them away.

they are not giving them away..  the ones on the deleted character get deleted...    the new character should have the option to earn them back.

Edited by Moria15

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I suppose the point is, it's exploitable and your account is no longer a "new" player so the purpose of the Tutorial and its rewards have been fulfilled.

how is it exploitable..  if you delete the character you delete EVERYTHING on that account and character.  The New character should be able to start again from SCRATCH..  not have an inflated rank but no rewards for getting to that rank.

Yes..  once you have done the exam, you know how to do it again.. just as if you had read the forums or watched videos and done it first time on your origional character without trying it multiple times.

Edited by Moria15

Just now, Wraith said:

I could just always have an alt around with an OP Herc ready for shallow water port battles at the expense of an hour of my time or so.. It's pay to win without the paying.

not the same situation in any way whatsoever..  if you have an alt.. yes you can do it on an alt..  what were talking about is removing a character from the server FOREVER by dleleting it..  hence  EVERYTHING goes.

When you start a new one..  you CANNOT redo the exams to get back the ships and rewards for a NEW character that has NOTHING.  The Yaght comes back..  I'm not asking to be GRANTED the ships and rewards..  just the opportunity to re-earn them.

There is NO possibility for exploit as the ships are non-tradeable so you cant even give them to a friend then get them back on your new character.

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Sorry, I'd be sympathetic if the Herc wasn't OP in every way. But as it is, some one could literally keep an alt to reroll it just to have a character with a Herc available whenever they want without having to attain it by other means. Not to mention you could have unlimited repairs by doing this.

OK I will offer alternatives :-

1)  if you delete character.. a flag should be set if you have the herc note/ship or the rat note/ship in your port/inventory  you should get notes back along with the rank M&C  (without the repairs).   The system KNOWS whether you have completed the exams, as I've proved and remembers that when you delete the character and start a new one. 

2)  The system should make it extreemly bloody clear that if you have passed the exams and earn't the rewards..  deleting the character looses those rewards

3)   The system deletes the status of the exams on delete character and you can re-earn   (my origional proposal).

If the rewards are too strong  (and personally, I never knew why they give you all those repairs), then the rewards should be adjusted to enable option 3.

Edited by Moria15

9 hours ago, Moria15 said:

how is it exploitable..  if you delete the character you delete EVERYTHING on that account and character.  The New character should be able to start again from SCRATCH..  not have an inflated rank but no rewards for getting to that rank.

Except if you have an alt and trade the rewards to it. Then you could farm Hercs and Rattlers.

They should however allow you to complete the tutorial and gain the M&C rank up but not the repairs/ships.

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Except if you have an alt and trade the rewards to it. Then you could farm Hercs and Rattlers.

They should however allow you to complete the tutorial and gain the M&C rank up but not the repairs/ships.

You get the rank automatically and as far as i'm aware you can redo the tutorial to your hearts content Via the Escape menu in port :)

1 hour ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

It is already like this. If you passed the M&C exam on the server, your character will always have the M&C rank even if you delete the player and start again, by kinship.

• Like 3