Game-Labs Forum

Exploiting green on green in PvP zone

This is just a hypothesis - not an accusation.

I've been thinking on the mechanic of BR limitation in PvP zone and here's my scenario:

Take 1st and 2nd rates into the PvP zone - let's say we do it at Tumbado. Then we basically lock the battle by tagging either an alt, or an NPC inside the zone - making sure that atleast 3k BR is on the "winning" side. That way the BR is high enough to discourage anyone from jumping in and taking a look at what's actually going on.

After that you do green on green untill the 1st and 2nd rates are on the brink of sinking. The damage will count towards the PvP marks and it's done with virtually no risk for the perpetrators.

@admin Is this possible and is it the intended function of the mechanic?

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I bet it doesn't. Otherwise friendly damage would give you exp or even assists/gold/PvP marks.

It use to give you -xp which didn't mean crap for some one all ready Rear Admiral cause you can never loose rank/XP once your made that rank, but some poor low level char or alt that just happens to stern rake a boarded ship.  Set it on fire and when they come out of boarding blows up.  Killing a few team mates in the act.  Getting out of the battle at -1765 xp when you only needed 1500 to make rank....Yep this happen to my alt an after explaining it hurts low level players more than the green on green abusers they removed it.

Though for the events it would be a good test to find out if green on green could count so we check to see if there might be a bug that needs to be fixed if it does count.

• Like 1