Game-Labs Forum

flanking and running units

pascout101

They really need to fix the flanking in this game. its like no matter what way my units face the enemy their "flanked" even though the enemy is in front of them. Then the run and go half way across  the battle and use all their energy and then have to move alllllll the way back....

It has been reported, just as so many other things. Were they adressed? Mostly not, plenty of issues, and bugs still exist. Early access might be over, and game had its official release, but it is far from it. I assume it did not sell well, and Nick the Developer, decided it was just not worth patching it, over, and over again, he gave up.  

Edited by Percon

11 hours ago, Percon said:

It has been reported, just as so many other things. Were they adressed? Mostly not, plenty of issues, and bugs still exist. Early access might be over, and game had its official release, but it is far from it. I assume it did not sell well, and Nick the Developer, decided it was just not worth patching it, over, and over again, he gave up.  

I really don't understand, to my feeling the game is complete except for some minor issues like the cavalry bug. I have spent like 650+ hours in this game and have completed the main campaign on multiple difficulty levels and both sides and never encountered any gamebreaking issues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Percon said:

To be honest, I never experienced this "bug"...I am pretty sure you might just have been hit by long range skirmishers, as these are able to fire from for example a forest without getting spotted.

• Like 1

There are a number of significant outstanding issues remaining, and the flanking bug is definitely one of them. I'm pretty sure after my last Union playthrough that it is related to the cavalry overrun bug, and the bug is a difference between where you see the unit on the screen and where the game thinks it is located. I've seen units flip around and fire backwards at a unit in front of them, and not just one unit but several.

These are the most critical:

• Units being moved around between days. This is THE most annoying issue with the game, and it's not even a bug - divisions get scattered, prime defensive positions are lost, difficult attacks must be repeated. Stones River as the Confederates is probably the worst offender in this regard.
  • The cavalry overrun bug, where cavalry can simply ride through your lines without engaging in melee.
  • The flanking issues, which have multiple parts - being flanked by artillery at extreme range, being flanked by units that are shaken and not firing, and being flanked by units that cannot fire at you because they are blocked.
  • Confusing and unclear victory conditions. The first phase of Cold Harbor as the Union is a perfect example - if you lose the VP for even a few minutes, you lose the entire battle, even though your reinforcements are pouring in. Chickamauga as the Confederates is another bad one - failing to capture ALL the VPs in the first phase results in an immediate loss, despite Wilder's historically successful defense. There is no indication of this in the victory conditions.
  • No indication of how long a battle actually lasts, what the time requirements are for the VPs, and no labels on the VPs.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Percon said:

Bold assumption. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Percon said:

This is incorrect.

I'll enquire about another patch to address these issues if it's possible. But there are understandable reasons as to why development has been currently finalised on UG: Civil War.

• Like 2