Game-Labs Forum

Fishing, just a little fun game?

Hello,

i saw some video in Youtube about fishing and i would like to ask Devs if it will be forever a little ingame game or it will evolve in something bigger. I mean, a trader has no matter which goods he can trade: goods like woods, ores, fornitures, silk, slaves or fish, for him/her are all the same. 

I’d like to see some fishing boat in the game, that the players can build, if they like, and start a fish business and so building a fishing boat fleet to do Tycoon.

Business is business, isn’t it?

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Fisherman perk and a trade ship works pretty well but a little mini game like play button would be fun

Oh and a strong no to slaves ;)

I said “slaves”, but i didn’t intend that i really wish such stuffs, of course. I exaggerated a bit because i wanted to point out that a goods, for a trader, is just a goods. And at that time, slavery was sadly a trade goods... :(

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, blubasso said:

I said “slaves”, but i didn’t intend that i really wish such stuffs, of course. It was just to say that a goods, for a trader, is just a goods. And at that time, slavery was unfortunately a trade goods... :(

By slaves you mean a typical '"workforce"'? Slavery even exists today, it's just called differently. Job for example. 

Edited by H2O
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

By slaves you mean a typical 'workforce'? Slavery even exists today, it's just called differently. 

I preferred the sentence you wrote before your editing ;) Slavery = job LOL 

But yes: “gratis human workforce”. Well, almost gratis: you had to buy those poor souls...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blubasso said:

I preferred the sentence you wrote before your editing ;) Slavery = job LOL 

But yes: “gratis human workforce”. Well, almost gratis: you had to buy those poor souls...

This for some reason reminds me of a Job resume.

slave-sale-posting.jpg

18 hours ago, H2O said:

This for some reason reminds me of a Job resume.

slave-sale-posting.jpg

It also reminds me of a car sales pitch.

I get what you are trying to say, but it also offends me that you think that a sales pitch like that is like a "resume".   The difference is those people did not WANT to be sold, or owned, and were likely broken up to make more money as individuals.  

I live in the south, I am an African-American, I have heard, or been called all matters of things in my life, and I dont want a game, while based in history, to make light of slavery.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Odol said:

It also reminds me of a car sales pitch.

I get what you are trying to say, but it also offends me that you think that a sales pitch like that is like a "resume".   The difference is those people did not WANT to be sold, or owned, and were likely broken up to make more money as individuals.  

I live in the south, I am an African-American, I have heard, or been called all matters of things in my life, and I dont want a game, while based in history, to make light of slavery.  

In reality when you are using a Resume you are offering your self/skills to the Boss (legal slave owner) who will pay you money to keep you happy (required by law). Your government will later extract that money by using tax system. Don't worry you will still have money to spend on black Friday and other deals set up by those same (legal slave owners) and they will get that money back in no time. In reality we are all legalized slaves we just do not realize it because there are so many sweet distractions. It is better these days compared to the past, slaves can afford many things and their masters do not have to provide them with roof over their head, food and transportation. All this is their responsibility now. In the end, word slave is no longer used. We are all proud hard workers now. That is why many who realize this, refuse to work for someone and become slave masters themselves. :) 

Do not get offended, this is just thinking. Thinking differently is allowed. 

Edited by H2O

Just now, H2O said:

In reality when you are using a Resume you are offering your self/skills to the Boss (legal slave owner) who will pay you money to keep you happy (required by law). Your government will later extract that money by using tax system. Don't worry you will still have money to spend on black Friday and other deals set up by those same (legal slave owners) and they will get that money back in no time. In reality we are all legalized slaves we just do not realize because there are so many sweet distractions. It is better these days compared to the past, slaves can afford many things and their masters do not have to provide them with roof over their head, it's their responsibility now. :) 

Are you really trying to say that having a job is anything like slavery?  Seriously?

Your boss is not your owner, you can quit at any time and leave that job and go to another one, making more money or less money based on skills.  You are a skilled laborer not a slave. 

A slave was taken from his/her home against their will, forced in to work, beat into submission, and then sold to those willing to pay for that labor, where they were given no to little pay and then charged for room and board forcing them to stay as a slave until death.   Slaves were often chosen to breed with other slaves to create more complacent slaves, which is akin to institutionalized rape.  

Others were forced to fight for entertainment of their owners.  

Any slave that attempted to run away was often beat, most often with a barbed whip.   Others would be caned on the bottoms of their feet as to prevent them from running away again.   Some had their Achilles tendons cut to prevent them from running.  Others still were torn apart by the hunting dogs used to track them, as a lesson to other slaves.  

In my study of history I have learned a lot of dark things about our past, and slavery is one I will not stand for. 

11 minutes ago, Odol said:

Are you really trying to say that having a job is anything like slavery?  Seriously?

Your boss is not your owner, you can quit at any time and leave that job and go to another one, making more money or less money based on skills.  You are a skilled laborer not a slave. 

A slave was taken from his/her home against their will, forced in to work, beat into submission, and then sold to those willing to pay for that labor, where they were given no to little pay and then charged for room and board forcing them to stay as a slave until death.   Slaves were often chosen to breed with other slaves to create more complacent slaves, which is akin to institutionalized rape.  

Others were forced to fight for entertainment of their owners.  

Any slave that attempted to run away was often beat, most often with a barbed whip.   Others would be caned on the bottoms of their feet as to prevent them from running away again.   Some had their Achilles tendons cut to prevent them from running.  Others still were torn apart by the hunting dogs used to track them, as a lesson to other slaves.  

In my study of history I have learned a lot of dark things about our past, and slavery is one I will not stand for. 

Quit and try to survive I bet you will offer yourself to another slave master unless you are one. Bottom line here it is better to be a slave master than a slave. You get cool perks like no one has to tell you what to do, you can pick any time of the day for work and keep most of the money earned by using hard workers as a tool to lower your taxes. That is why I use word 'legalized', because slave owners required to use rules set by the government (algorithm) that prevents such undeveloped acts in 21 Century. We are all happy , brainwashed slaves in reality. In fact game industry is one of the largest tools that keeps us distracted from the truth. :) 

I mean all this is just a nice topic to talk about and it can provide many hours of discussions. Don't take all this serious. 

Edited by H2O

Just now, H2O said:

Quit and try to survive I bet you will offer yourself to another slave master. 

If you think your job is like slavery then perhaps you are in the wrong career field.  I enjoy my job, and I am no slave to it.  

If you honestly think working today is anything like slavery then you sir have never studied history.

And you think the children in this sale add are putting out a resume for work?

Jacob_Levin_slave_auction_ad.jpg

A 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 11,12 13, and 16 year old children!  

1 hour ago, Odol said:

If you think your job is like slavery then perhaps you are in the wrong career field.  I enjoy my job, and I am no slave to it.  

If you honestly think working today is anything like slavery then you sir have never studied history.

And you think the children in this sale add are putting out a resume for work?

Jacob_Levin_slave_auction_ad.jpg

A 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 11,12 13, and 16 year old children!  

You are right, now let's go back to the real topic here. 

• Like 1

On the topic of fishing, I would love to see more whole fish have value over fish meat.

Like tuna, marlin, and even sword fish.   Those are all money fish, always have been, for their meat and weight.   Even adding a commodity "Fish Oil" extracted from some fish, it would be a alternative to whaling and still quite historical.  Fish oils were still very prized and often used in many products during the 18th and 19th century.  

You could also ad a chance to catch lobster and crab in some regions.   I know the US Carolina coast is known for its blue crabs.  

• Like 2