Game-Labs Forum

Bowsprit

Trino

Question

In my last fight my Enemy seems to protect his bowsprit by depowering and reduce sails. Of course he maybe did this just to reduce speed, but by the angle we collided (he hits my side with his bow) i thought he should have lost his bowsprit ... Instead i lost mine (with full sails). Make sails or no sails a difference in stability of the bowsprit?

Edited by Trino

3 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Trino said:

In my last fight my Enemy seems to protect his bowsprit by depowering and reduce sails. Of course he maybe did this just to reduce speed, but by the angle we collided (he hits my side with his bow) i thought he should have lost his bowsprit ... Instead i lost mine (with full sails). Make sails or no sails a difference in stability of the bowsprit?

What ships were you both in? Speed, angle and the position of the bowsprit will affect the chances of it breaking. Niagara will loose its bowsprit at the slightest touch of another ship. Some ships have a more elevated bowsprit so that two ships can ram each other head on and one will loose the bowsprit and the other will keep it. If you ram someone's side keeping or loosing your bowsprit can depend on your speed and damage caused to your bow.

1 hour ago, Trino said:

I had an Aggamemnon, he had a Consti

I know the Aggy has a bit of a weak bow compared to some others.  The Wasa does too.  Connie I haven't rammed many since I started using it again to test this out.  I know the H Rattler and Prince are very weak brows to, that is why we bring Navy Brigs to port battle to bull dose through them and break bows in fights.