Game-Labs Forum

Steam Hijacked, account lost and NA progress lost

saintjacktar

Had my Steam account Hijacked at the early hours of this morning. He Stole it changed my attached email, mobile number, account name and steamguard (anti hack protocol) then as a began reporting it to Steamsupport suddenly my account reappears...only its not my account, its a shell account setup to appear as if I have my account back, I did some digging found my old out account, name changed with a Russian DP and a comment on the profile "Такие как ты всегда получают по заслугам. Тебе все воздастся." So I have a new account (which the hijacker kindly setup) with NA on it but I have lost all my progress. my in game name is Saintjacktar (Pirate Nation/Global Server) VCSO clan ... If there is anything you can do to give me back my progress I would greatly appreciate it. @Ink

Edited by saintjacktar

12 hours ago, saintjacktar said:

Had my Steam account Hijacked at the early hours of this morning. He Stole it changed my attached email, mobile number, account name and steamguard (anti hack protocol) then as a began reporting it to Steamsupport suddenly my account reappears...only its not my account, its a shell account setup to appear as if I have my account back, I did some digging found my old out account, name changed with a Russian DP and a comment on the profile "Такие как ты всегда получают по заслугам. Тебе все воздастся." So I have a new account (which the hijacker kindly setup) with NA on it but I have lost all my progress. my in game name is Saintjacktar (Pirate Nation/Global Server) VCSO clan ... If there is anything you can do to give me back my progress I would greatly appreciate it. @Ink

if you bought something with a credit card you can confirm the account was yours. That shouldnt be an issue getting old account back

I triple checked on the main public exploits sites and there is nothing whatsoever about steam that isn't old and patched, no new exploits, nada.

I suspect you only had your email and that this is where your problem is.

Did you check https://haveibeenpwned.com/

On ‎05‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 6:25 AM, saintjacktar said:

Captain, you have to contact steam support to retrieve your original account:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

38 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

Account has been returned, thank you gentlemen for your assistance in this matter.

Kindest regards,

Saintjacktar

Try making a brand new email not linked to anything and never use it for anything besides steam. You use one email for multiple websites/etc and passwords/emails get leaked and sold by the thousands. Good to hear you got your account back though ^_^

2 hours ago, Lord Gud said:

Try making a brand new email not linked to anything and never use it for anything besides steam. You use one email for multiple websites/etc and passwords/emails get leaked and sold by the thousands. Good to hear you got your account back though ^_^

Yeah I have thanks for the idea, also to those curious I was a fool and did not have a mobile authenticator only email and he/she was able to circumvent that. I am proud to announce I am the owner of a Steam guard Mobile Authenticator and have changed the privacy settings on my account also.

Kindest regards,

Saintjacktar

Fair winds and Following Seas