Game-Labs Forum

Special cargo slot for upgrades?

Hello captains and @admin

I simply don´t understand why upgrades have a special magical cargo slot. The captains chest is understandable as well as the gold.

Why should you be able to teleport with your upgrades? And why can´t you do the same with books or permits/blueprints?

If one were to remove this magical upgrades slot, trade around ports with special resources ( Oranjestad, Cartagena de Indias, etc) would increase a lot. It would attract privateers and pirates, forcing nations and clans to take action and defend the area around these ports.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Demsity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demsity said:

Hello captains and @admin

I simply don´t understand why upgrades have a special magical cargo slot. The captains chest is understandable as well as the gold.

Why should you be able to teleport with your upgrades? And why can´t you do the same with books or permits/blueprints?

If one were to remove this magical upgrades slot, trade around ports with special resources ( Oranjestad, Cartagena de Indias, etc) would increase a lot. It would attract privateers and pirates, forcing nations and clans to take action and defend the area around these ports.

Thanks for your time.

How come you're able to teleport with gold and marks? The captains chest should follow the ship untill transfered to another ship..

5 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

How come you're able to teleport with gold and marks? The captains chest should follow the ship untill transfered to another ship..

The gold is to make everything much easier and less tedious, a understandable game design decision. The marks can be though off as reputation and not a physical item (in my opinion).

1 hour ago, Demsity said:

The gold is to make everything much easier and less tedious, a understandable game design decision. The marks can be though off as reputation and not a physical item (in my opinion).

Same reasoning can be applied to the upgrades.. most work by magic anyway..

Now wouldn't it be interesting if gold and combat marks had to be stored in our country's home port? You could still buy things at overseas ports -- letters of credit did exist back then -- but your main "bank" account balance would only be in your nation's capitol. Same with combat marks. You gotta get them home. Same with upgrades. All of this could be stored in a remote port warehouse but only the balance in your home port would be for credit beyond what you have right in that port.

Edited by Farrago

When I first started to play NA I was amazed that gold magically appeared in the ship.  And it seemed strange that gold was always handy and available but could never be stolen or lost.   It was as if the gold was in the hold of my ship ... Unless the ship was sunk , then it was back in a safe port.

but hey,. I'm no expert at MMOs so I just assumed that having magic gold is necessary and best for everyone. 

BUT would it be interesting if Gold was a physical item that could be stored, smuggled, hidden.  .?  Imagine if the gold needed for port maintenance must be transported from secure locations to the forward ports.  Would it create PvP opportunities?

• Like 2