Game-Labs Forum

Ship Captured by a dead man

Kommizar

Since the thread started by Hellbent was closed I had to start a new one. I have lost 2 Santissimas during this process and I'm sorry but it's not "working as intended." Unlike Hellbent's issue, my ship had actually gotten the kill, I pulled in close and was nowhere close to boarding speed so not sure why the AI can somehow violate those mechanics. Then all of a sudden, surprise, you're being boarded, and before the 1st round is even over, my ship is lost. Makes 0 sense! I understand if it's still sinking and if the boarding action takes place and is finalized before AI ship sinks but in this case it sunk before the 1st round was even concluded! Please help, I've made "F11" reports already on this showing the in battle screen and the in port kill credit. Let me know if any of this is unclear or further specifics are needed.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Kommizar said:

Since the thread started by Hellbent was closed I had to start a new one. I have lost 2 Santissimas during this process and I'm sorry but it's not "working as intended." Unlike Hellbent's issue, my ship had actually gotten the kill, I pulled in close and was nowhere close to boarding speed so not sure why the AI can somehow violate those mechanics. Then all of a sudden, surprise, you're being boarded, and before the 1st round is even over, my ship is lost. Makes 0 sense! I understand if it's still sinking and if the boarding action takes place and is finalized before AI ship sinks but in this case it sunk before the 1st round was even concluded! Please help, I've made "F11" reports already on this showing the in battle screen and the in port kill credit. Let me know if any of this is unclear or further specifics are needed.

Thank you.

here's a */RiOT/* on behalf of the community

Hopefully the devs fix this before it gets out of hand.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

On 8/29/2017 at 11:37 AM, Kommizar said:

I understand if it's still sinking and if the boarding action takes place and is finalized before AI ship sinks but in this case it sunk before the 1st round was even concluded!

Every time I been boarded by AI was when it was sinking and half under water, but I was smart and board prep up or made sure I had more crew than it.  When you get ready for looting pop a broad side of grape into that ship and it sinks faster depending on crew lost shock, and or makes sure he has less crew than you.  An AI will only board you if it has more crew.

With that though I think if a ship is taking on water and/or sinking like that they should not be able to rage board you.   I get a player doing this, but even than most of his crew is tied up in survival trying to pump water out, so why isn't this so for AI?  I know ya'll say they follow the same rules as us, but there are a lot of times when they do things like continue to reload faster with half crew, pull a board while sinking, things that they couldn't do while manning guns and full on survivals.  I mean I been shot by a ship that had all but one deck under water....how the hell did they reload when most of the ship is underwater?  Every time I was sinking and had most crew in survival I couldn't get my guns reloaded for ages.

Now lets not go into the fact that no matter the ship it has Marines, Barricades and who knows what other boarding mods on them so that it can be a pain if they out crew you and you have no preparation set when pulled.  I was testing Marines on a SOL and had them on my 3rd right right after patch (was one of the first SOL in game on global).  Got a Pavel down to sinking and he pulled me cause he had 5 more crew than me.  Well he had 20% marines compared to my 10% and no other boarding mods.  It was a close fight cause I didn't have prep up, but I had to stay alive long enough to disengage so he can sink.    As soon as I did he was sunk.   

So for balance reason ya'll should look into AI boarding last moment while sinking.  I can see putting something int here where if your over 50% full of water Boarding is disable.  Prob should be for players too, but than taking on a full health crew at the last moment can be interesting, but than again if your that close to sinking you won't be able to exchange crews fast enough at end of battle.

Thank you @Sir Texas Sir all this makes sense. And I would again understand if the boarding action had taken place and finalized before the enemy ship was sunk but it's as if the entire crew of 800+ enemy soldiers jumped unto my ship all at once and before the first round was even concluded all of mine said: here, take the ship, we'll just jump into the sinking one.