Game-Labs Forum

Account History log, with Nations played and Captains names used previously.

I can agree that alts accounts can and are used to abuse the system but i think that most of the fuss here is smoke.

If an alt is abusing the game mechanic the need to be dealt with first ban for 3 months or so and if repeated permanent ban but that's only dev´s that can really see that the mob are to bias to have a say in this or not.

Alt´s need a set of rules so there is a formal way of how the can be used.

Then the small letter in each contract say i have some accounts and i start playing one of them more than the one i got first which one is alt then ?

Remember that many players do have more than one pc the use for playing and the are in there rights to play the same game on both pc´s at the same time after all the did buy the rights to it when the buy the game.

This topic can shed light in all directions both with the use of alts and against it in the end it is the player who owns the account who is the one abusing it or not.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

@Kanay @Eyesore

Now that The Shadow has been exposed, you have your information. What have you gained?

Gained? What do you mean? More fairplay perhaps?

Why is it so hard to understand that interacting accounts, owned by the same player, are a blatant cheat? That they give an obvious advantage and makes it a pay-to-win (to take an extreme standpoint here)? Why is it not understandable that allowing and even promoting alts aggravate the problem (maybe the devs did that to see how big of a problem it/they can become? Another thing to test?)?

It is better to stick our heads in the sand and simply ignore it? Game-mechanics get altered because alts can abuse them ... resulting in gameplay that is less desirable for the normal player, because everybody wants to look away.

I'm sure people wouldn't mind to play cards with me, it's only fair/normal that I play with two decks while the rest only has one?

28 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

allowing and even promoting

Do not mix the two please. It is totally wrong saying there's promotion of usage of alt accounts.

The rules are clear, if you care to read across devs posts.

Alts cannot be used for direct influence of player to player interaction including OW PvP / RvR and Openly admitting to be alt is not allowed and gives way to sanctions.

Just wanted to clear that up.

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

Gained? What do you mean? More fairplay perhaps?

How does knowing the alt give you more fair play?

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

Game-mechanics get altered because alts can abuse them ... resulting in gameplay that is less desirable for the normal player, because everybody wants to look away.

Alts are a given, so the game mechanics need to be able to handle them. Or rather we need mechanics to be able to fight alts at the same level.

If someone actively wants to play out a spy, then let him go ahead. No need to give out information upfront, just because we want to identify some alts. While the actual identification of an alt doesn't really give you any gain or benefit. We have also seen beneficiary alts.

As Red Duke is saying, it's the action of a character that defines him in a Nation. But then we do need means to deal with saboteurs and spies alike. Sometimes they can even be alts.