Game-Labs Forum

Hey Captains,

Probably some of you have already suggested this but I just thought if it would make sense to allow players to do PvP Combat Orders.

This would mean that people had to sink other players' vessels (who would have guessed?) and hunt them down in specific regions. The rewards from my point of view would be greater than rewards from PvE orders since it would, most likely and often, take more time to complete one. I think it would encourage people to do more PvP and those who already do some, would be somewhat happier and even more interested in hunting, chasing and planning their raids altogether.

I have not yet thought about the details though. Just as an idea from scratch. If such a post already exists, I will have it closed!

May the wind be with you.

d9c03797b253.jpg

Edited by HMS Victory
  • Like 6

I suggested some sort of a lobby system (before NA legends was announced) where you could queue up for a battle setup of your likings (BR and ships wise) and get a notification once an opponent (or as many as you asked for) is found - Imagined those battle to be without any rewards / losses, just to get PvP going, should be enough reward, because that really is where this game is shining - But didn't get much attention; I guess that's what NA Legends is going to be

PvP Combat orders with heavy rewards as you're suggesting here are going to be incredibly vulnerable to Alt Abuse.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Liquicity said:

I suggested some sort of a lobby system (before NA legends was announced) where you could queue up for a battle setup of your likings (BR and ships wise) and get a notification once an opponent (or as many as you asked for) is found - But didn't get much attention; I guess that's what NA Legends is going to be

PvP Combat orders with heavy rewards as you're suggesting here are going to be incredibly vulnerable to Alt Abuse.

Well, a lobby system wouldn't be quite what I was thinking about since it would, perhaps, destroy the game if you had to queue up for a battle and skip the travels. As for alt abuse - can you please elaborate?

7 minutes ago, HMS Victory said:

Well, a lobby system wouldn't be quite what I was thinking about since it would, perhaps, destroy the game if you had to queue up for a battle and skip the travels. As for alt abuse - can you please elaborate?

you take a "pvp combat order" - Sink enemy 5th rate, 200k reward - have an alt in that nation, buy the crappiest 5th rate you can find, sink yourself, get the rewards - It doesn't even need to be an alt, just need a few good friends in other nations and let them do the same on you

15 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

you take a "pvp combat order" - Sink enemy 5th rate, 200k reward - have an alt in that nation, buy the crappiest 5th rate you can find, sink yourself, get the rewards - It doesn't even need to be an alt, just need a few good friends in other nations and let them do the same on you

When I read the original suggestion I thought it was a good idea, but you are quite right with the point you raise here and it also makes me realize why they are not currently giving excessive rewards for PvP and why the game currently seems to reward better for PvE. People abusing game mechanics only have themselves to blame why the game seems to have become more PvE oriented. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Archaos said:

When I read the original suggestion I thought it was a good idea, but you are quite right with the point you raise here and it also makes me realize why they are not currently giving excessive rewards for PvP and why the game currently seems to reward better for PvE. People abusing game mechanics only have themselves to blame why the game seems to have become more PvE oriented. 

Human nature I guess, always try to do as much as mechanics allow you to

tbh personally I would rather have good pvp with no rewards / risk all day - real reward being actually getting to pvp