Game-Labs Forum

Trade ship issues.

The Trade ships right now seem really out of balance.  The Traders Brig has a 1750 cargo hold caries 16 guns and 2 stern chasers has a crew of 60.  But the Trader Snow which is almost identical in size except a wider hold, has 22 guns, 2 stern chasers and 2 bow chasers and a crew of 65 but only a 900 cargo hold.  

So a ship that is the same size, that has 5 more men, and 8 more guns loses HALF of its cargo volume to what?   If I want to put 26 guns on a Trader Snow I am already sacrificing cargo space but to be losing 850 cargo over the Trader Brig is just idiotic. 

So my suggestion is simple.

Up the Trader Snows cargo hold from 900 to 1500.    It already is the slowest trade ship of the two why nerf it further.

Edited by Odol
  • Like 1

Uh trader snow is just the best defended. You get what you pay for. A solo pirate wants to be up against Trader Brigs rather than a Snow. 

8 hours ago, Flinch said:

Uh trader snow is just the best defended. You get what you pay for. A solo pirate wants to be up against Trader Brigs rather than a Snow. 

The Trader Brig has 3 less guns per side, and no bow chasers.  But has a worse sailing profile but is faster.  AND nearly double the hold space.

Yet the Trader Snow, being the EXACT SAME SIZE physically has a hold of half the size, and only 8 more guns total and 5 men.  Riddle me that batman?

Just now, Odol said:

The Trader Brig has 3 less guns per side, and no bow chasers.  But has a worse sailing profile but is faster.  AND nearly double the hold space.

Yet the Trader Snow, being the EXACT SAME SIZE physically has a hold of half the size, and only 8 more guns total and 5 men.  Riddle me that batman?

8 guns is no small thing. Whats the difference in structure and thickness? 

Just now, Flinch said:

8 guns is no small thing. Whats the difference in structure and thickness? 

The Trader Snow is lighter constructed, less structure, less armor, and less hit points.  AND you pay for the guns if you put them on by losing that from the cargo space anyway.

And 8 guns is nothing.

The HMS Ontario (Snow in game) is 80ft long and 25ft wide.  

The USS Argus (a brig close to the one in game) is 77ft long, and 28ft wide.   

Snow- 226tons of burthen 

Argus, 299.

While the snow is lighter, it should hold more than 900, I definitely agree with that.