Game-Labs Forum

Just because you're paranoid ...

Magnum

We got the hostility at Vera Cruz to 100% at about midnight Pacific Time last night (3 hours before server down time) --- I WAS THERE.

But - of course - instead of "flipping" to set a port battle for the next night at 10 PM Pacific Time (as we had been told it would) the "game" decided to apparently glitch out and not flip ....

So that after server down time when SKMARSH came on and noticed the hostility was at 91% ....

----

WTF? I mean WTF?  You owe me a night's sleep because of course the Aussies came along and "flipped" it so it is set for 4:09 AM Pacific Time.

----

(Mutters to self: and they wonder why I'm cranky)

Server 2 (Global)

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

They need to change the server lock out times for port battles. It locks you out of flipping a port 2 hours before down time and one hour after.  Which means the servers go down at 4am CST if you don't flip the port before 2am it won't flip.  Which means the only port battles we can have are before midnight CST.  This leaves a big 4 hour window of no port battles.  

The problem is that the knock off window is 0700 UTC till 1000 UTC.  This is for me since I'm CST 0200 till 0500 CST.  Server maintenance is at 0400 CST for me which is 0900 UTC.  The lock out time wouldn't be bad if they didn't have the port battles are 2 hours before  you flip a port.  With the current time it means we can't have port battles 4 hours before maintenance time and we can have port battles scheduled right when the servers are still down for big updates.   What this time was great when we had the early server down time, but now it needs to be moved to match the new maintenance time.   It needs to be moved to 0900 UTC till 1200 UTC.  This will allow the last port battle to be 2 hours before servers go down and won't fall in any update down time..

wzhoS1v.jpg

@Ink @admin can ya'll take a look at this for the Global server? Pushing the Port battle lock out timer forward 2 hours will put it more in line with the maintenance down time and any updates we might have.   Other wise we are loosing a big chunk of times when port battles can be scheduled for folks like the OP who is West Coast US and still in there prime time playing.  Servers go down for maintenance at 1000 so any flip would put the Port Battle during down time.  As you can see this port battle is an hour after the down time which means if that was a 2 hour update the servers will be still down.  the window needs to be changes to 0900 UTC til 1200 UTC you can't set port battles instead of the current 0700 till 1000 UTC.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

11 UTC onwards is fine for port battles.  that's over an hour after the server normally comes up. and would be a reasonable time for a PB after the server up.  It should be a 3 hour lockout ...

HOWEVER why is it not placed in the EU timeslot since were the ones not playing that timeslot.  if your EU play the EU server if not play here etc etc...just saying that your impacting Aussie playtime which is actually the people you didn't want on the EU server...

Edited by Fastidius