Game-Labs Forum

animations

ok first off the UI. yes I know its not the original reason for this post but bear with me. The UI is terrible and has driven off many players, I know a few who like the game but refuse to deal with the UI. I understand you have been pushing it back in favor of content and bug smashing. however I know it would only take a few minutes of your time to take a screenshot of a port and paste it into the background of the relevant port. I did go to school for game design and I know it's possible. "but zolfo if its so easy why dont you do it?" because its not my game or my job but I can still complain about it because im bored :)

ok now that that is out of the way let me get to the suggestions i have to help make the game better. ANIMATIONS

Ive noticed a few things first is the crew visible on the ships. Don't get me wrong i love em and i find myself watching them alot however some variety in them relevant to the situation would be cool. example a dude throwing water when there is a fire. or a guy repairing the mast or hull accordingly simple things like that (maybe not so simple but you get the idea)

second: sail damage, id like to see some ropes flinging about and especially when a chain shops rips through it should cut some of said ropes. I think it would also be acceptable if the animation was temporary, it would just add to the game and make it much cooler. also on a side note getting tangled in a fallen mast or tangling up your mast with that of another ship would be fun, if a bit scary.

third: wildlife on the sea, i think this has been mentioned before in other posts but here it is anyway. Whales (even if not intractable) would be cool to see them surfacing to breath or even jump breaching. seal's and other mammals. even sharks just to add ambience would be fun. you added birds why not various finned creatures

and last but not least the storms. the storm you have are nice but they dont feel like a storm, its more like a sprinkler system thats been left on to long. add larger weaves to the storm, especially in battle. "but zolfo that might block people from shooting at each other" well ya duh, do you think sailors in real life could cry and the waves would shrink until the fight was over? no! this is supposed to be a sort of sim isnt it?

as an added bonus add a rogue wave that can damage but not sink a ship. of course it should be a rare thing and relegated to the map and in a random location.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

People have left over a Alpha game UI? Good thing they weren't here when buy sell split was a pure slider

unfortunately yes, but that is just how some people are. but in that defense it seams to be the game style these days where no game ever leave early access/alpha

First off, this game hasn't seen any real content for months upon months. I don't even remember the last time we got true content like new ships or something.

Secondly, CaptVonGunn, the current UI isn't even an alpha UI. Its a lazy half ass attempt at making a barely functional UI just to make the game function at a barely playable level. Keep in mind that the UI is literally the first thing a new player sees on starting up the game. It needs to be good and understandable so they don't get horrifically confused and eventually leave. What the devs currently have atm is just....its unacceptable really.

10 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

First off, this game hasn't seen any real content for months upon months. I don't even remember the last time we got true content like new ships or something.

Secondly, CaptVonGunn, the current UI isn't even an alpha UI. Its a lazy half ass attempt at making a barely functional UI just to make the game function at a barely playable level. Keep in mind that the UI is literally the first thing a new player sees on starting up the game. It needs to be good and understandable so they don't get horrifically confused and eventually leave. What the devs currently have atm is just....its unacceptable really.

THANK YOU!

so let me get this straight, you dont like me in game so you decide it would be a good idea to come onto the forums and spout racism at me in the forums? and in a post that has nothing to do with you and everything to do with trying to make the game better? how grown up are you

On 6/9/2017 at 9:16 PM, CaptVonGunn said:

People have left over a Alpha game UI? Good thing they weren't here when buy sell split was a pure slider

not everyone enjoys being an alpha tester. especially when the devs said the game was planned for release LAST YEAR 2016. now it is completely changed and back to test after wiping out everyones progress. Again, not everyone wamts to test a game that has serious problems.

6 hours ago, Rebel Witch said:

not everyone enjoys being an alpha tester. especially when the devs said the game was planned for release LAST YEAR 2016. now it is completely changed and back to test after wiping out everyones progress. Again, not everyone wamts to test a game that has serious problems.

When has a game EVER released on time? 

Just very big publishers manage it to release games in time. but that doesn't actually mean you are able to play them because of bugs. you can play this game and it nearly never crashes ( at least i experienced nearly no crashes at all) so why you bother if it's still EA. yes the UI really is terrible to look at. the warehouse is pain. i agree with adding a few pics in the backround instead the grey would make it much nicer without alot of work (i guess). it's the first impression.

8 hours ago, Guruthos said:

i agree with adding a few pics in the backround instead the grey would make it much nicer without alot of work (i guess). it's the first impression.

first impressions can and do change peoples minds. I have one friend that says the game looks like fun and he would likely enjoy it BUT he cant stand the UI and so refuses to play untill its updated. im sure hes not the only one

Agreed about the UI, way overdue but they say they're working on something. 

Regarding player animations, I think I'm the only one who would rather see nothing than the sort of low poly mimes we have. They're okay if you kind of squint, but.... until the technology is there I'd rather not see mannequins in the rigging.

Edited by Pad Seayew