Game-Labs Forum

Rum Bug

Taranis

1 hour ago, Taranis said:

Trying to "repair" crew from the OW continues to be bugged.  It drains all of your rum and you still get no crew back.

After you use your rum, did you click the button "manage crew" and use the slider to drag the patched up crew onto the boat?

1 hour ago, Taranis said:

Trying to "repair" crew from the OW continues to be bugged.  It drains all of your rum and you still get no crew back.

Agreed it's bugged, but I did get crew back. More than I ever had in the first place.

I know we have OW time acceleration, but it's quite ridicullous for the gunner's wife to have had so many children in so short a time.

37 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

After you use your rum, did you click the button "manage crew" and use the slider to drag the patched up crew onto the boat?

Ah ha, touche!  Guilty as charged. You mean its not enough to feed them rum, you have to manage them too?  Thanks for the tip.... 

So wait a second, in other words this implies that you can re-crew your ship without rum (since the two mechanics are dissociated) if you have extra crew available at port?  So, is that like crew magically beaming teleporting to the ship? 

On a somewhat related note, I understand that we want devs to get the game right, but there is a certain "je ne sais quoi" of a need for documentation/explanations/tutorials - at least for critical combat mechanics.

• Like 1