Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Batteries Actually Being Useful

Why do the forts not shoot in port battles to fully cover cap circles? In most port battles the circles are hardly covered, why is this the case? It does not make sense that the cap circles are outside of the forts' defensive zone of control. You build forts to defend important things. not the fish in the sea. 

• Like 4

I had the first slot open on my Mortar Brig...lost it last night after Islamadora pb.  After buying a new one I noticed the first slot was not open...what a grind if you cant lose your mortar brig and cant keep the slots you opened.

53 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

I had the first slot open on my Mortar Brig...lost it last night after Islamadora pb.  After buying a new one I noticed the first slot was not open...what a grind if you cant lose your mortar brig and cant keep the slots you opened.

You have to reset it, you keep your knowledge as it's for that ship type not the ship.  IF you can't than F11 that as it's prob a bug.   Though isn't it something crazy like 5 slots on the brig to open the third on the Mortar Brig?  Been meaning to make one and test it out.  I know the perk is the same and there is a book for the knowledge wonder if they changed anything else about the actual ships though?  I do think bring 4 prob hurt ya'll a bit for that port battle.  Than again ya'll might of thought we weren't going to show with force.  4 or more I can see taking to empty spanish port battles though.

As for the Fort/sTowers I kinda see why they don't so you can still fight without kiling them first.  Just have to stay in the safe side of the circles. I know on some maps it does cover all of "A"  Different ports are set up differently some have a lot of defense and some have very little.