Game-Labs Forum

Outlaw Brotherhood

Hey guys, just another idea that could make Pirate nation extremely popular. First of all I have noticed many posts about recent changes to Pirates and that there is no more reason to play them. By collecting all this data I decided to suggest something that will return many Pirate fans back to their Adventures. If anyone played Elder Scrolls will know of Dark Brotherhood and how popular it was and still is today. My suggestion is to introduce the Outlaw Brotherhood. This brotherhood can be joined after certain requirements are met. Brotherhood should have their own island and port and their main Outlaw Stronghold. 

Key elements for this suggestion to work:

1. Must be a Pirate

2. We need Reputation System similar to Potbs

3. Achievements system

Details

Starting as Pirate is easy, you will work your way up to the Highest Rank first and this will be the first achievement of Outlaw Brotherhood. Second requirement will test your skill in pvp and will require certain amount of player kills from each Nation. Once you slaughtered those poor souls it will be time for the final test before you can become the member of the Outlaw Brotherhood. Final test will require you to participate in victorious Port battle (Raid). 

Once all 3 task are completed and you are proved to be worthy Players will receive automated Mail with an option to transition to the new breed of Pirates (Assassins for Hire) or you can call they Outlaws. One time donation of 1 000 000 must be paid. 

Home Stronghold

Outlaws must have at least a medium sized island and operate from there. It can't be captured or raided. Outlaws can Raid ports similar to Pirates, but they also can Participate in Port Battles and capture ports for those who hired them. However, before being able to enter these jobs their reputation with Nations must be recovered and they must become Trusted. Each nation Governors can list contracts. ex. Raid Havana - 1000xp with England, 1 000 000 gold. etc.. 

Completing enough of these jobs let's say for England will earn you Trusted reputation and will allow you to work as an ally on call. 

Each Outlaw clan can have their custom logos and flags. Outlaw Brotherhood can have multiple branches with Names that will make history and bring fear to those see it. 

Benefits

-More depth to Pirate class and huge popularity

-Elite Outlaw Class for Veteran players

-New rules that can shape Global Conquest in very interesting ways

In the end, branches similar to the Outlaw class could add more interesting game-play not only to Pirates , but also to all other Nations. It's a long term commitment to your Nation wit ha great reward in the end of the road. 

Flags.JPG

Any ideas are welcomed. 

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Aren't rats still one of the most popular factions? I wouldn't be surprised if they already hold back on great rat mechanics to avoid excessive faction imbalances.

They are becoming obsolete after many changes Developers made in last patches. 

• Like 1

I do not think anything should be done to make playing a pirate popular as it will already be a popular choice for new players.

I think that pirates should get some unique game-play but it should be extremely difficult as compared to other nations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

Aren't rats still one of the most popular factions? I wouldn't be surprised if they already hold back on great rat mechanics to avoid excessive faction imbalances.

I honestly don't even think they plan to make any pirate mechanics.  If so it will be another year before we see anything at the rate they are going and this game is supose to be ready for release at the end of the year?

Now the problem is they keep adding negatives to the pirates nation while they are still treated just like all the other nations.  Not one perk has been introduced for them and don't tell me Pirate vs Pirate is a perk.  It actually going to end up with a lot of folks trolling other pirates when they are bored.  We all ready seen it on testbed, a group of guys where sitting out side of Morts green zone killing any other pirates that came buy. Wasn't even a 1 vs 1 it was a group that ganked other solo players.  Though we see this in just about every PvP style game that is out there when it's in testing that is all folks do is camp spawn spots and kill solo players.  It's cause there is nothing better to do during a test specially when those folks aren't testing.  

You get zero rewards for killing another pirate.

You can't make the main Meta 4th Rate for port battles easily.

You can't make any SOL for port battles easilyy.

Effectively taking Pirates out of any RvR other than shallow water and some 4th rate battles.

Can't have alliances (well this is same for all nations for now.) 

No other nations can join your side in a battle cause they are at war with you.  While they can pick what side they want to join as long as they aren't at war with that nation.  All nations are at war with pirates by default.

We get one ships that the other Nations can't craft easily, but like the SOL/Aggy if you have a will you can get that BP and perks (alts or friends).  So this isn't anything special, just a slight restrictions.

I have asked several times in the patch threads why all 7 nations get 8 ships (Aggy and SOL's) while the Pirates only get one ship (P. Frigate) in the shop.  While we get no perks and devs have not yet answed why is this.   Though I'm going to bet there answer is Pirates are hard mode.  Well than remove the conquest part and give use perm ports to work out of (pirate havens like freetowns) and let us be pirates and not some broken bastard/redheaded step child of a nation.

I actually want to be a pirate and don't mind any limitation you guys mention, except one. Everlasting battle instances is worse than every other limitation combined.

This is why I go tin foil hat mode and speculate it's put in there to deter as many pure PvP players as possible from rolling rat.

An alternative explanation for lolROE could be to shut up the "I wanna help my friends" guys by giving them an outlet for their pile-on and snowballing gank dark desires.

Whenever i see someone try to suggest game mechanics from POTBS (pirates of the burning sea) be implemented into this game i cringe, i nearly vomit. Why? Because POTBS FAILED! Horribly. potbs is the EXAMPLE of WHAT NOT TO DO in developing an mmo.

If any game mechanics or examples should be embraced why not try EVE Online as an example for a MMO with ships? There seems to be so much rejection to EVE Online being used as an example to make this game great. Fine i get it, you dont like EVE Online, fair enough.

However there is a reason why EVE Online is one of the most popular MMO's of the past 15 years and going strong and why potbs sank to the bottom as devs sprung two new leaks while trying to plug one. I never said this game should be LIKE EVE Online, i consistently say use it as an example for success in a ship MMO. EVE Online is exceedingly popular with PVPrs and PVErs for a reason.

Anyways, i still have hope for this game, its always gorgeous and has so much potential. But i will always reject anything about potbs for this game, i played potbs from start to its death and strongly reject any of its game mechanics if this game is to thrive.

No to reputation system! band aids do not fix what is broken

Want my solutions to most of this games problems? Devs know how to contact me, i'll be happy to give them a tour of EVE Online and what parts of that game would work wonders in this game.

happy sails!

So you do not think EVE has reputation system? WTH are all those red/green numbers doing by my name then? I am not as experienced in EVE as you are but feels like reputation system. All those epic arcs were for nothing, all the gate camping/ganking for not :(. All those incidents in null and no reputation? I am playing it wrong.

I understand its different in endgame content, but for me it does feel like rep system that determines my friends and enemies. I never played POTBS, but I do like EVE system of individual choice.