Game-Labs Forum

Hostility points for entering PB

Anolytic

The current system for allowing grinding players to enter port battles 2 minutes before other is not working as it should.

The points appear to be based on a percentage of the total hostility points generated for that region since the last port battle. This creates some really odd situations.

In the case of Bermuda, which the brits use as a safe PvE grinding area, the hostility points generated in total will reach an enormous number. This means that when a port battle is set, the number of points needed to enter 2 minutes early is ridiculous. For Bermuda it was 14 208.

enRHWjdm.jpeg

The 4-5 players that grinded this PB had 3-5k hostility points each and were therefore reasonably expecting to be able to enter the PB 2 minutes early. Fortunately we were able to scout the number of points needed before anyone made that mistake.

In the case of other ports, where less grinding has occured since last PB, as little as 2 points may be needed to enter the PB early. Morgan's Bluff was mainly grinded by one player solo:

ZUpqUDVG.jpeg

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 2

I remember when Kidd's was attacked last it was something like that 14K and I had like 20K on the char I didn't bring to that fight but the one I had at that battle (I have two pirates) was only like 2K.   The problem I have is you can't get points after a port is flipped.  They should allow you to get points up to the port battle.  This will allow folks to not just jump in that didn't even help when you got folks that helped, but only low numbers.   This will also help lock out any folks trying to abuse the system by sending in a crappy ship/low level char to lock up port battle spots,  Cause they would have to grind a good chunk of agro to get in.

As for the shallow port that folks grind at if it's that high than folks have been doing a lot of grinding and counter grinding so it's going to be higher.