Game-Labs Forum

Bug That is becoming a Problem

JobaSet

I attack Some one 

They Surrender Soon As Match Starts with no firing a Shot.

Problem

I don't get a Kill

I get No xp

I get no Hostility Points

We gain No hostility at all

I mean I already have to deal with 90% of them running away and if they do get away I/We nothing (that should be a bug also)

But Now they just surrender and we get nothing.
  How is That fair

18 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

1. that isnt a bug.

2. You are getting their ship and whatever they have in the hold so you arent getting nothing

They are taken advantage of it now Tho,  Get hostility UP OVER 75%.  And they will Surrender 1st rates in a even fight.  No one cares about the Ships or money  everyone has way to much money as is.  Its all about the KILL, The XP (for officers) and the Hostility.  I am sorry Last night we had a Vic surrender to a ingermanland so yea its a bug. 

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Exploit would be a better word for it, but they should make it that it still causes hostility points for a surrender even if you don't get the kill or xp.  To many folks do it as an easy way out and they tend to grab cheap ships to do it.

Don't Forget escape LOL jump 1 v 5 guys 1/2 run away we get nothing

4 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Don't Forget escape LOL jump 1 v 5 guys 1/2 run away we get nothing

Except you survive with your ship, yes the economy is wonky right now so everyone can afford the ships they need. But that might not be the case any more in the future. I would say being able to escape with your ship in tact should be enough of a reward

3 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

Except you survive with your ship, yes the economy is wonky right now so everyone can afford the ships they need. But that might not be the case any more in the future. I would say being able to escape with your ship in tact should be enough of a reward

Never Said That but we should get Host for it 

Just now, JobaSet said:

Never Said That but we should get Host for it 

If hostility is based on sinking ships, and this might be unpopular, i think running away should give the enemy hostility, that makes to me more sense. Of course that would be open for griefing which would be a pain.

8 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

If hostility is based on sinking ships, and this might be unpopular, i think running away should give the enemy hostility, that makes to me more sense. Of course that would be open for griefing which would be a pain.

And me jumping a Group of 5 alone .... that is 1 v 5, I can tag 1 in sails the other 4 get away when they leave he surrenders I get no HOST at all how is that not griefing and now they are all in port together

Edited by JobaSet

It's like back when the Brtis would bring crappy ships in there fleets with little to no crews on them.  We see there 1st rates and go to camp out side the battle.  They send there SOL's home after battle and swtich to the crappy ships.  Get tagged out side and all surrender.   Now it's even worse with the free ride home button and the misisons don't stay open past 5 mins.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Exploit would be a better word for it, but they should make it that it still causes hostility points for a surrender even if you don't get the kill or xp.  To many folks do it as an easy way out and they tend to grab cheap ships to do it.

This seems pretty straightforward to me.  Surrenders should count as victories for purposes of hostility.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, akd said:

This seems pretty straightforward to me.  Surrenders should count as victories for purposes of hostility.

You attack someone chase them down for 1/2 hour by hitting sails and right before u do damage - bam -  you get nothing but wasted time.

Should be 2x make them fight

Edited by JobaSet

2 minutes ago, akd said:

Yah I get why they did it cause it was being exploited the other way.  You attack your alt and than you surrender and your side gets the points, but you think they would have found a work around for that. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I get why they did it cause it was being exploited the other way.  You attack your alt and than you surrender and your side gets the points, but you think they would have found a work around for that. 

How to Fix Easy Trade in Captured vessel for 3x point at battle screen Done and Done

21 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you want to exploit, you attack your alt, fire one good broadside into it, then have alt surrender and get the hostility points, so it is really irrelevant in that regard.  Surrender is defeat; defeat should raise hostility.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

Let's also not forget that you can generate hostility by doing War Combat missions against AI's.  

AI's don't use this exploit.  :P

The point isn't hostility the point is PvP and the hunt. Every stupid new rule and change they been has been in favor of the PvEr that doens't want to fight.    

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The point isn't hostility the point is PvP and the hunt. Every stupid new rule and change they been has been in favor of the PvEr that doens't want to fight.    

I understand that.  Was just making a point.

For what it's worth, I believe that when a player surrenders his ship it should count towards hostility.