Game-Labs Forum

Region Conquest Battles

We have Hostility plus Port Battle.

I see it as a doorway to a more interactive system, as proposed many times before, of multiple battles.

As such:

- A Region control will be fought over 5 battles all at the same time.

- One Port Battle, as we have it, normal 25v25 or whatever new patches bring.

- Four additional OW battles - 4th rates, 5th rates, 6th rates, 7th rates. - 8v8 or similar.

- Port Battle yields 3 Victory Points.

- Each OW Battle yields 1 Victory Point.

_______

1 PB + 4 OW Battles for a grand total of 7 Victory Points makes or breaks it. Draws yield no points.

• Like 1

Although I like the premise, one issue could be the amount of people required (25 for port battle and 32 for other battles). What would happen with regards to screening? Would these battles be through a lobby system or OW?

I personally would dislike any system that took things away from OW to a lobby system

OW of course. Sail to the region, enter port battle, enter the others.

Obviously it is a nascent idea with room to evolve.

I do not think of it as a lobby system. Quite the opposite.

A system where PvP at all levels is the last step of conquest.

P.S. -

Only the PB, as I see it, can be fought empty.

The other 4 battles will yield 0 VP if not fought or not contested.

To the extra VPs are sort of "optional" and handy if players to spare.

• Like 1

question:

Why would the current port owner participate in any of the other battles, beside the PB one itself? Since if they aren't fought the defender will only participate in a battle in which they don't have the same advantages they have in the PB, so they would simply not fight.

Nor can you force them to participate, since this would put smaller nations at a heavy disadvantage.

If the defender is losing the main PB, the attackers won't participate in the other battles. I think fun goes out the door really quickly when a port can be won. Also, if i were want and sabotage a national project effort (people do that) they will just join the other battles and sink intentionally therefore the outcome of the PB itself might not even matter. Alt's can be used and abused for this quite effectively.

Don't get me wrong, the premise sounds alright, it just doesn't seem to fit with human behavior and the current PB iteration.

Raids are coming I hope but have no direct ties to conquering, just destruction and pillaging ?

I cannot see any issues with the Port Battle itself, it still gets fought over.

Thanks for the insight but would like more details why it ruins the PB.