Game-Labs Forum

Player Action Command Keys

A. P. Hill

Great game so far, I've had it since its early release on steam several days ago.

I am a bit confused about player command keys.  I get the short list on the actual game screens, but I see the AI enemy doing things that I cannot get my troops to do.  For instance, I've had the misfortune to have supply wagons captured by the AI.  For all my attempts, I cannot get my troops to capture wandering AI supply wagons.   I have had troops chase a wagon and when directed they will fire into the supplies to the point that they loose their points completely and disappear, never to be seen again.

I actually had a cavalry unit capture a solitary AI soldier, I have no idea how that happened.  I have also found several of my units as captured units by the AI and recovered them to my army. ... but I still do not know what the game mechanics are to get my troops to demand a surrender of AI troops or equipment.

Is there a greater list of key commands somewhere that I am not familiar with?  Can someone point them out for me?

----

Also, I have seen my troops flash the word AMMO over themselves several times, How are these troops to be re-supplied?  In an effort to assume I know what I'm doing, I have moved supply wagons to the vicinity of these troops so that they're enveloped with the ring around the supply wagons when you select them, but I cannot tell if it did my troops any good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully,

Powell.

Edited by A. P. Hill

A.P Hill: If you see a supply wagon, use Skirmishers/Mounted Units to capture Supply.
Hit the charge button when close, they have to be close or the AI wagon will get away. 
Brigades  are to slow to go chasing after supply wagons. 
Once a Supply Wagon is captured, they can than be used as your own supply unit.

The AI tries to recapture there supply wagons. If the captured supply Wagon comes into contact with the Enemy(AI army unit)
they will be than rescued, n return it to there army. Protect your supplies, put them in a Safe area(Guarded if need be) n hit Hold till needed.
---------
To tell if your Supply wagon is indeed supplying a unit, 
make sure the Supply Wagon has supplies(Usually they Flash when empty)
When Supply is within there supply circle, Check the unit thats Low/no ammo. There is a white line
below the reload line(red) to indicate Supply Level. You can see the white line in the Units,Stat(Morale/Condition etc) on the 
Bottom Left when Selected.This Line will grow(Slowly) as supplies are being received.
-------
Surrendering troops. If you overwhelm a unit it will Surrender, how that works exactly?
(Taking losses, surrounded,...) When they are captured there Unit ID changes color
to indicate captured. Than hit/click the withdraw command when captured they will march to the rear.
Again if a captured unit comes into contact with a enemy unit, they again will be rescued.
You might have to guard/accompany a captured Brigade(to the rear with Skirms.)if enemy units are near by.

Hope this helps, A users Manual/Guide is being worked on, and will appear soon.

Go over Koro Tips thread., Very good n useful if you haven't yet done so yet.

NP, A.P... Tip thread is always evolving, Also Koro covered a lot in this thread,

http://steamcommunity.com/app/502520/discussions/0/208684375409225629/

----

Lots to learn There is still things I am trying to figure out,,lol,,

Any more questions just ask, we were 'all new at 1 time or another...

Good Hunting A.P,,,,

If I want to capture a supply wagon I usually click "H" to stop brigade from shooting on the way in. This makes the process smoother anyway. In beta, brigades didn't autoshoot at supply wagons, which I hope can make a comeback.

There are now tutorial videos on the link as well, so don't miss out :)

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2016 at 11:11 AM, CSA Watkins said:

Surrendering troops. If you overwhelm a unit it will Surrender, how that works exactly?

I never nailed down the criteria for surrender, I've seen no guide that spells it out. Any details are appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

It seems to just be a roll of the dice thing. Seems 1/3 of the time they surrender, sometimes just fight until destroyed and once I had them quit fighting and simply walked off the map.  

I'd prefer a more exact answer.