Game-Labs Forum

Exit from Battle Screen

Don't know if this suggestion has been offered before, but here goes. When a player exists the Battle Screen after successfully escaping his attacker, can't he be re-spawned in the general area of the initial attack, but far enough away so that he isn't positioned back within the same radius of the initial attack? Right now that doesn't happen.

Example: I was in a trader lynx. I was tagged. I outran the opponent - not only well beyond his cannon range and my escape timer, but till he was nothing more than a barely visible speck behind me -  then I exited the battle, then exited the Battle Screen, and like magic, there he was about four to five ship lengths behind me. I was immediately re-tagged and we started the whole dance over again. This simply shouldn't happen.

So a re-spawn to a predetermined distance from the initial battle would give the player who escaped the battle a more realistic chance to continue his successful escape.

Why should the player who successfully evades and escapes his pursuer in a battle instance be penalized when returning to Open World by being placed within the original attack radius of the pursuer? And conversely, why should the attacker who failed in his pursuit, be rewarded when exiting the Battle Screen by being placed within that same initial radius? 

Again, this shouldn't happen, and doesn't fairly represent the outcome of the original battle instance. 

• Like 4

I have been suggesting this for a few days now.

• There needs to be a kick out timer on the battle screen to prevent battlescreen camping.
  • Logging off on battlescreen puts the logged out ship back onto the OW.
  • Exiting battles puts you on the OW map further away from the battle start location, either in a random direction, a favourable direction or relative the position you ended up in when the battle ended.
  • Like 2

We need to be able to teleport several minutes away from battle.  with the 2 circle system i havent had much problem with revenge fleets cuz they cant tag me with a lynx and all the 2nd rates pop in next to me but its still a complete time waste to be taged over and over. 

Only thing ive been killed by since patch is ai ships being drug into battle. rear admirals skimming around in fast ships pulling me into battle with 15 or more ai over and over...yawn log out time.

2 hours ago, Jacob Elston said:

I have been suggesting this for a few days now.

• There needs to be a kick out timer on the battle screen to prevent battlescreen camping.
  • Logging off on battlescreen puts the logged out ship back onto the OW.
  • Exiting battles puts you on the OW map further away from the battle start location, either in a random direction, a favourable direction or relative the position you ended up in when the battle ended.

This is a bad idea because it forces people who may want to or need to log off after a big battle to stay in the game or risk losing their ship.  My battles take up to an hour or more to finish and if I am dumped back into open world with no choice, I may be forced to continue fighting in battle after battle that I do not want to participate in. 

If I am forced to be dumped back into OW after say 5 minutes, then I want a "teleport to nearest friendly or free port" option so I am not forced to fight in another battle that may take as long as 1 hour 30 minutes. 

Edited by Yar Matey

On 10/11/2016 at 6:44 PM, Yar Matey said:

This is a bad idea because it forces people who may want to or need to log off after a big battle to stay in the game or risk losing their ship.  My battles take up to an hour or more to finish and if I am dumped back into open world with no choice, I may be forced to continue fighting in battle after battle that I do not want to participate in. 

If I am forced to be dumped back into OW after say 5 minutes, then I want a "teleport to nearest friendly or free port" option so I am not forced to fight in another battle that may take as long as 1 hour 30 minutes. 

So every "ganker" ever has a quick get out clause. This would be abused to hell.

If you know you do not have the time to go hunting, fight and return home or log off at sea then you shouldn't go looking for PvP in enemy territory.

Plus the map is now scattered with free ports so there is always one not too far away so my suggestion not only allows someone exiting from battle to pop up away from any "revenge" fleet ships, but could also give X period of invulnerability to allow someone to escape and sail for the nearest free port or out to see and log off.

So I agree, BS logoff is required for the needs of real life.  But why not put in a timer - say five minutes or so (long enough to perform repairs and grab another drink).   If you don't exit the battle screen, it logs you out automatically.  You then have to log back in to the battle completion screen, finish out your crew and cargo adjustments, and move out.  Camping is at least mostly solved, but you also get to have a real life.

Now moving on to the original post, I agree.  It's ridiculous that some people (by all means not all) decide they're going to tag you until you just give up out of frustration.  There's no skill in that.   I think a random pop within the original grid would work, but I don't know how difficult it would be to make sure you don't come out on land.  Or perhaps make the attack timer significantly longer for anyone you were in the battle with.  I don't know.  But those little twerps that just follow and tag regardless of whether or not they can actually capture your ship are nothing more than irritating, and exploiting a system to attempt gain through sheer frustration.