Game-Labs Forum

TS or Discord

I use both for somewhat different things.

TS for focused game activities, say like a one game one clan. Quality is superb and Commander comms are excellent for some type of games. With a bit of imagination and planning it can be used for NA with no problems.

Discord is essential for a multigame group of friends. Especially with the whole mIRC/chat type of thing. Can be at office and during coffee break have a chat with the squadron.

• Like 1

I've created a Discord server for PvP2 that has individual nation channels, an Ambassador chan for diplomacy, and a Marketplace for trade deals and WTS, WTB, WTT. I created this for those in need of a gathering place and for those of us not willing to pay for a TS server. Feel free to join, just post your in-game name so one of our mods can assign you to your nation.

https://discord.gg/WSTue5f 

I think it could depend on your relationship with the people you play with.

Ive grown sick of clans ,guilds etc and noisy coms whether its ts ,discord , vent or whatever and dont use them anymore and only run a tiny clan of mostly friends.

We use Skype which is great. Its like being on a crystal clear call all the time and since we have been gaming together for 10+ years the completly open mic is ok.

If you only play with close friends or a very small number of people who you are comfortable with i prefer skyp over any of them.

I think it could depend on your relationship with the people you play with.

Ive grown sick of clans ,guilds etc and noisy coms whether its ts ,discord , vent or whatever and dont use them anymore and only run a tiny clan of mostly friends.

We use Skype which is great. Its like being on a crystal clear call all the time and since we have been gaming together for 10+ years the completly open mic is ok.

If you only play with close friends or a very small number of people who you are comfortable with i prefer skyp over any of them.

As someone who uses skype, discord and TS, the option with the worst sound quality and most problem is by far skype, it got so far that even the most reluctant people in our overwatch group(we used skype before discord) switched over to discord so we could stay away from the pain. If you bring more different platforms into mix(not NA related(yet at least but crossing fingers)) like linux and possibly Mac OS it gets even worse. As such i can not reccomend skype for any voice duties, text it still kinda works.

As someone who uses skype, discord and TS, the option with the worst sound quality and most problem is by far skype, it got so far that even the most reluctant people in our overwatch group(we used skype before discord) switched over to discord so we could stay away from the pain. If you bring more different platforms into mix(not NA related(yet at least but crossing fingers)) like linux and possibly Mac OS it gets even worse. As such i can not reccomend skype for any voice duties, text it still kinda works.

As someone who uses or has used all 3 also by far the best sound quality is skype and the easiest to use is skype.

See i can do it too. Maybe for you its one or the other but WHY would you flat out call my friends and i all liars? What do you gain from it? WHats in it for you to call us liars?

Now you COULD like i did give your opinion on what works best , but i guess just saying im wrong because you have been to my home to see for yourself is another way to go.

Now just like for some ping dont matter for others skype could work for them.

For a free crystal clear coms skype is the best ive used ever.

As someone who uses or has used all 3 also by far the best sound quality is skype and the easiest to use is skype.

See i can do it too. Maybe for you its one or the other but WHY would you flat out call my friends and i all liars? What do you gain from it? WHats in it for you to call us liars?

Now you COULD like i did give your opinion on what works best , but i guess just saying im wrong because you have been to my home to see for yourself is another way to go.

Now just like for some ping dont matter for others skype could work for them.

For a free crystal clear coms skype is the best ive used ever.

I should have been more clear that this was in me and my friends experiance, sorry for that im in no way calling you a liar, but in the end what we are doing here is saying anecdotal evidence, which without any hard proof(which granted is hard with voice programs like this) means that both of us could be right, wrong, or neither.

I should have been more clear that this was in me and my friends experiance, sorry for that im in no way calling you a liar, but in the end what we are doing here is saying anecdotal evidence, which without any hard proof(which granted is hard with voice programs like this) means that both of us could be right, wrong, or neither.

Thanks for clearing it up sir. For us ts has always whether ts 1,2 or 3 been bad. SKype just seems better but like i said its only a few of us. Maybe its that reason its better.