Game-Labs Forum

Addition of current target name to status bar at top left

RichardMcCor

Can I suggest you look into an new indicator on screen showing what a unit is targeting.

This could be done with by adding the name of a units current target to the status bar in the top left corner of the screen that appears when only when you click on a unit.

Perhaps the name of the unit being targeted could be added under the reloading symbol or incorporated into the space used by the % itself.

In this way for any unit you can get a simple indication that it is in fact targeting who you think it is.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The more information the game gives the player the better. Right now it's like the game was designed to keep information from the player.

Disagree strongly on that being a general principle - it depends what kind of game/simulation is being created. There was not much you could tell at a glance in this period from a distance other than position, movement, perhaps wavering of the line or flags, level of smoke and sound of firing etc.

The more information the game gives the player the better. Right now it's like the game was designed to keep information from the player.

Yes because Civil war combat was such an ocean of calm and understanding.

You already have access to information and a view that every general on both sides could only have dreamed of.

Wait,

one thing is to give information (data) and another thing is giving cues and tooltips (aids).

Under some aspects I think the game needs to give some data it doesn't give (I want to know whether that enemy Bde is in cover or not, for example), under some aspects it does give too much data (I don't want to know the exact number of enemy troops in a Bde) and under the aids aspect, there's a definite need to improve the UI.

The battle is as confusing as it should be but without the visual cues it only becomes less manageable. Now managing the battle better doesn't make any difference in regards with confusion but it gives you a tool to do exactly what you want to do.

• Like 1