Game-Labs Forum

How to make money after release? (sugestions)

After release the game must keep making money to survive of course. Many mmos uses this kind os stuff and i think it's fair enough and I'll give some examples of things that could be payed to make the game and serves working. Feel free do add comments and sugestions.

1.Customized ships, flags, collors, emblems, paint schemes, etc

2. Add more ships to personal fleet

3. Especial perks

4. More slots for ships at ports

5. Exclusive private ports

6. +% extra XP or gold

7. Premium ships

8. Extra officers

9. Extra durability

10. Paint schemes with no durability

11. Special mods

Devs just have to be extra careful with fair balance

Of course all the people that supported game creation before release should gain some privilegies like these above :)

Edited by WarStore

Like Apina said. Number 1 is good, and I really hope they make an in-game shop where we can buy (historical) paint schemes and so on. The rest would be create some resemblance of pay to win and would drive a lot of people away. Premium ships have been discussed by devs, with the added requirement that premium ships would be pretty but not superior to similar ships available to all. I still think premium ships would be a bad idea, but I would gladly pay real money for paints. Would be kind of poetic also, since sometimes this game feels a bit like watching paint dry.

• Like 3

My personal opinion on the matter:

1. That one is good and got no complaints

2. If it is personal fleet you set sail with, id put that under P2W

3. Without a doubt P2W

4. Debatable whether is P2W or not, but would dislike it

5. Bad idea

6. If we were a F2P game, sure. Dont like it as a P2P game

7. I actually dont mind this if it were a way to allow us to get old beauties like the 1665 Seven Provincien

8. P2W

9. P2W and it involves recovering durability which i am very against!

10. I am going to assume this would fall under 1, dont think any one would pay real money for a paint scheme they will loose.

11. P2W again

so out of this list the only ones i personally like are 1. the only one i dont hate is 7.

• Like 1

well  it s about money so here it goes (remember this is beyond our saying s always)

but this is what i find acceptable

After release the game must keep making money to survive of course. Many mmos uses this kind os stuff and i think it's fair enough and I'll give some examples of things that could be payed to make the game and serves working. Feel free do add comments and sugestions.

2. Add more ships to personal fleet  a no go aria

3. Especial perks a no go aria

5. Exclusive private ports a no go aria

6. +% extra XP or gold

7. Premium ships

8. Extra officers

9. Extra durability

11. Special mods    a no go aria

Of course all the people that supported game creation before release should gain some privilegies like these above :)

there where i say a no go aria,...... is game breaker for me 

and is in line for deleting this game from my pc (and yes..... i deleted wot.... with the mods ) in this topic point 11 is a out .....for me for sure (and not only for me )

Edited by Thonys

3. Especial perks

6. +% extra XP or gold

7. Premium ships

8. Extra officers

9. Extra durability

11. Special mods

Any customization for the looks - YES

NO - Nothing that gives any advantage in battle should be bought with real money, this should be achievable through gameplay ONLY.

3. Especial perks

NO, same as #2, Special perks needs to be achieved through game play, like special events. Then you will really want to save your officer and not waste his lives.

YES, this is management content, not fighting related

NO, clans should be able to set their own ports and pay maintenance by the game gold. Clan members then should be using this port as second capital

6. +% extra XP or gold

YES, but with more elaboration on this. F2P have good revenue collection model. Non premium have a long-long grind to do, but still possible and only affects how fast or slow you level. The Premium account gives you more xp thats it. I don't believe that in OW MMO system premium should give any other intensives like extra gold or higher rate BPs drop or other rare items like in SWTOR. This eventually killed the game.

7. Premium ships

YES, but for PVE combat only. Either make them completely useless in PvP or don't allow them to enter PvP battles at all. Buy prem ship to do missions.

8. Extra officers

NO, same as #2, this should be earned with each level up.

9. Extra durability

Hell NO! Same as #2 Besides. We are trying to walk away from have duras on the ships. 1 ship = 1 ship. Thats it. Don't sail what you can't afford to lose.

YES for anything to do with customization. In my view they should capitalize on customization option big time. Everything needs to be sold for real cash. For example each ship would have various customization slots that require real cash credits to unlock for EACH ship. Slot for custom name, Slot for top deck color, slot for mid deck, slot for the actual deck, Sails, masts etc etc. All have separate slots. Plus paints that needs to be bought for real cash and used once. All this crap needs to be sold for real cash. I can see myself spending hundreds on my ships already lol.

11. Special mods

NO, same as #2

Thanks and regards,

10. I am going to assume this would fall under 1, dont think any one would pay real money for a paint scheme they will loose.

Sorry man, you are VERY wrong on this one :D

It needs to be affordable thats all. I wont pay $20 per ship, but I will pay $20 for game credits that will allow me to customize my ships to some extend it it works out to be couple of dollars per ships basic customization like paints.

Having lots of ships that are already special to me, I can see spending lots on customization. Must be a pirate thing haha

3. Especial perks

6. +% extra XP or gold

7. Premium ships

8. Extra officers

9. Extra durability

11. Special mods

1. Good. While I think that some basic options should be available already, cosmetic extras do not harm gameplay and help make the experience feel more personal.

2. No, this would allow players to become more powerful in combat.

3. No, again this is pay-to-win.

4. This one is acceptable.

5. No.

6. No, again this is pay-to-win.

7. Errm maybe.... Ideally not.

8. This could become pay-to-win if the current officer system is kept as this would allow more perks.

9. No, pay-to-win. It would make non-premium players out-classed in a fair fight against a premium captain.

10. Eh?

11. Special mods? ... no

Don't forget that the non-premium players still purchased the game, it's not like a free to play MMO, we still purchased the game.

However they could have either a premium monthly price for perks which would make the game horribly un-balanced and would probably lead to its death, or they could open a cosmetic store where people can buy historically accurate paint schemes, sail colours/designs, pennants and flags etc.. for real money. This would also work well if we ever got a visual Captain's avatar and/or the ability to have a walking playable character with clothing and detailed hand weapons etc..

But anything which is pay to win should be a no from the beginning.