Game-Labs Forum

Fleet, what fleet?

Elric

So...  I had been running a slew of fleet missions.  Selected yet another 169 XP mission and entered the battle screen - hit the w 5 times and quickly grabbed a drink - my inger just started moving as I got back with the drink, hit tab to review the ships - damn - all connies and ingers on both sides - 5 & 3 versus 4 & 4 - this was going to be bloody.   Then I noticed I was ahead of the other ships - quick look around and NONE of them had moved.  hmmm...    there I was leading the charge into 8 ingers and connies with a single inger...  not good.  by the time I really realized what was happening, it was too late to ESC.  Straight thru the middle of them and turned a little with the wind and eventually outran them all...

Strange...

The same thing happened to me yesterday! Was in a 200XP battle, went to get a drink, come back. Boom! 2 Santis, 1 Victory and 5 Bellona's heading straight for me. I look around and my AI Santi, Vic and Bellona's have not moved. I retreated and as the enemy pushed through, they refused to fire at my allied AI and my ally refused to fire back. I managed to escape but whoa, could have lost my Santi :/

P.S. I was in the battle for about 10 minutes and not one of them had put sails up or fired a single cannon.

Edited by Jean Pual Vilvenue

It happened to me again yesterday evening.  In another Fleet mission - none of them moved.  I turned my ship around and waited behind the line - but when the enemy ships sailed straight through them without firing, I firgured it was best to leave.

The very next mission it looked like the same thing might happen - but the fleet woke up after 40-50 seconds.