Game-Labs Forum

Alternative idea to the current special event

So seeing as most/a bunch of people are rather unhappy at how that went down yesterday I thought I would not only complain but actually come up with a better idea.

The event itself:

I found the event idea actually utterly boring. In the end it was yet another shipwreck with a crappier drop chance and possible but not happening PvP.

My idea would involve at lot more activity and offer both PvE and PvP.

There are already random nation fleets roaming the seas and, to still keep it rare, 1% of these (adjust numbers as you see fit but I wouldn't want them too rare tbf) could be a fleet consisting of traders with a few of these boxes on them each. I was thinking of seeing about 10 traders guarded by 5-15 warships. The convoys could be of different size and would move from port to port just like all other ships. A group of trader cutters would be guarded by Mercurys and Snows and such, Trader Snows by Cerberus and Surprise and Indiaman by Essex and Trinc and Frigate (again adjust to a playable level though I think these compositions would be fun). The fleet will not be specially called out as its just a trader fleet really. A group of players has to engage this fleet on the open seas and board the traders which will as usual try to fleet while warships engage to obtain the boxes (sinking them will elad to the boxes being lsot but we could obviously just search for the next fleet). This requires people to group up and paly together. It also requires coordination and a calm approach.

This is where the event would end for the PvE server though I think plenty of action will be had already.

For PvP servers this is where the other side of my idea would come into play.

Once a fleet ahs been engaged a message will pop up for all other nations saying 'A traders convoy has been engaged!' with an area or the exact location (choose as you like) shown on the map. They may now assemble their own fleet and await the enemy outside the battle (the box timer prevents camping anyway). Now what the devs probably had in mind would occur. The boxes have to be brought home by one side while the other tries to engage and get these boxes.

PvE and PvP to be had by either side appeasing both server types. It would solve the timing issue and the action would at least on the PvE side be guarenteed.

The definite downside would be that this would clearly require some time then again so did a 4 hour uneventful sail.

Additional ideas:

- The letters could still be used to hint to an area currently in use by one such fleet enabling us to actively hutn for them and not jsut stumble upon them by random chance in the wrong ships.

- These fleets could possible be bigger and with the bigger ships and more common in distant zones to see people not just camp their capital waiting for them and also encourage the nations to expand as much as possible. Reasonable distances please this is already time consuming!

- The devs and mods could occasionally be one such traders fleet with having their top upgrades on their ships and giving even the traders fleet a good power in their fight. Would not only be a great way to get us all together including the dev team and the players but we could also enact our revenge on you by sinking you lot :D (or the other way around^^)

Ship Blueprints:

I think these should under no circumstance be locked behind such a limited event. It withholds good content from players, could lead to imbalance in the game and forced players into partaking in an event they didn't like in the first place for somewhat vital content. Crafting is crafters work and that is where we should find and work for them. If anybody thinks thats the easy way a 1st rate requires at least level 45 - not very easy or quick to reach (unless you give the alt account 500 labour hour contracts).

Reward:

I'd prefer to instead see the paint jobs become a craftable with the blueprint for it being the reward in the box guarenteed. It is fun it will lead to income and gives an additional craft for those willing to go for it. Any additional loot is welcome but this should be a guarentee. The paint is not essential to the game will hwoever provide a fun and maybe even worthwhile distraction. In addition the comabt will obviously grant xp and gold. Maybe a little bonus for the group that takes the fleet down or sails with a box to port and fights on the way. Ship blueprints could be included (all of them though) as a random drop to revive the blueprint market again or enable semi active crafters more activity in the area but as stated before make them also obtainable through the usual means.

The Box:

I actually thought this was the best idea of the event. A 3 hour timer and undestroyable box allows for a good chance to still have it as a vaiable attack option even after the Ai fleet has been taken down. This is good and encourages people to actually get their arses moving and also means that the carrying fleet needs to plan for several fights.

Discuss and make any propositions - if I like them I will add them to my list.

Please keep it civil.

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 4

Whatever you do it has to be fair to each nation, so to create an event in an area that is too far away for certain nations like you just did is unfair.

A better solution would have been to have this "Treasure fleet" repositioned every hour or so as it navigated around the capital cities, allowing each nation a crack at the loot

Possibly allowing a time out for any player who captured loot from 1 location to not gather loot from the next and make the loot available to each player, so a clientside availability, not a global availability

If you want to have a really good PvP event, then have 2 warring factions meet at a mid point between the 2 capital cities and allow them to fly a special flag while sailing to the event that disallows them the ability to be attacked or attack while en route (This would have to be thought out a little bit more to avoid the obvious exploits) 

alternatively have the event "JOIN SIDES" area much larger and disallow any attacks for anyone inside it

Allow each player who participates some reward (loot drop) based on damage inflicted and the winning side some special loot.

To make this really popular, don't take the dura of their ship or the life of their officer, every player would then jump at the chance to do that event

Edited by Terox
  • Like 1

Well they litteraly said: "Fuck you!" to those which are to far away.

That is far beyond to be called "unfair"

Edit: Hell ya, its 2 days later and I'm still pissed!

Edited by Twig

I had almost the exact same idea when i heard about the mystical event and I was disappointed to hear that it was just a ship wreak hunt. We have these massive AI fleets that just sail around. Make some new massive treasure fleets, by adding 1-x Indiamans into those fleets. Then we need to board the Indiamans to get the loot. The letters can still drop with intel on the last port the treasure fleet left/where sighted and it's BR. And the the nation (and their allies) the treasure fleet belongs to could also get a notice when their treasure fleet is attacked. 

I don't know how attacking AI fleets works after the diplo patch, but would be nice to force us to gather a big treasure hunting fleet and sailing into enemy waters. That would provide us with some decent PvE and PvP action. If we have the option of sailing into our allied nations water and attacking their treasure fleet, it we will use it that will just be PvE. So i hope that in the future we can't attack allied AI fleet's or at least allied treasure fleets.  

I also feel like pointing out that if we manage to gather 10 1. rates ++ and go into enemy waters and successfully defeat a massive enemy treasure fleet, we need a decent reward each time! Considering the risk involved and the effort it takes to organize something like this fine ropes and block is just not worth it.              

Delete the Event make BP normal by crafting give in port a paint option to customize the ship. stop this event madness

Naval action will kill it self even before its released with such stuff...

sorry defs but this Event does not fit in such a game

why shoudl you keep such a problem maker ....

Edited by Garetx